Thread: 8S661FXMP-RZ & memory question

8S661FXMP-RZ & memory question

Hi friend, Actually I want to know that I am currently using 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 generic RAMs. So does anyone tell me that if I upgrade my RAM by 2x1GB DDR400 PC3200 so will my motherboard accepts this high density of memories? Actually most of the RAM of this type on the ebay seems to be of high densities. Actually also high density RAMs seems to be cheaper than low density ones. So please tell me any solution.

Re: 8S661FXMP-RZ & memory question

Hii friends, Actually guys I am also facing the same problem. Actually I also want to know that my motherboard will support high density of RAM. Please if anyone know here that what to do so please let me inform. Anyone help Smiley My mobo is GA-7N400V Pro. And I am thanking him in advance.

Ok friends whatever I know I will explain you I think it will help you. Previously I was also hae the same problem then I google on this topic then from there I got this. Actually LOW DENSITY modules have 100% compatibility with all systems and all chipsets. And in the high density modules they have only 10% of compatibility. Actually don't take risk, it is better to avoid them even if their prices are attractive. So I think it will help you.

Hi friends Actually I was also facing the same problem but after previous post I come to know the solution. But I have one more problem here I hope I am posting it at the right place.And if not then I am sorry. I have bought the new RAM for my pc as the 512mb wasn't cutting it, actually I have the two slots with 1 of each 256mb. Which is I have purchased currently is of 1GB. And now I have replaced one of my old RAM by the new RAM. So I think total RAM I am using is around 1.25GB. But the problem with me is that I am still getting 512mb, and not sure how this can be.

I got your problem you just as I said and then see I hope it will fix your problem. You just remove your old RAM. And then check that the 1 gig stick is in the 1st slot. Reboot it if that works place the old stick in the 2nd slot. So it will surely fix your problem.

Hey I am totally agree with Balamohan I also suggest you to do this that is 1 gig chip on it's own. I will not suggest you any extra step you just put the old chip in the second one as it is explain by the last post and I think this is the reason because of which this would quite possibly slow down the RAM speed. And ya if it is working good with the one gigs then be happy with that otherwise add another 1gig chips more it will fix your problem. Make sure that they both have rated speed to match it.

Actually I am facing this problem from last 2 weeks and I was also posted my problem on one of the forum site but from there I didn't get any perfect solution. But today when I have seen this then I have tried it on my pc and then boot it. After that when I have seen my pc speed it is increased consider to previous one.