Thread: SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard

SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard

As far as I know, the SLI functionalities of the motherboard are checked by a very tedious crypted routine that are provided in the video card drivers. Hence to cross this thing was a bit tough in previous days. Since there are very few drivers available that was having the support for SLI for the non Nvidia chipset. But this thing can be checked on SLI capable intel X58 chipset. But this SLI thing on non-SLI motherboard is a bit annoying for me hence I need further details related to this if possible.

Re: SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard

Since shortly after a change of housing, when I start my pc everything seems fine: all fans running CPU, GPU, but black screen. I tried with the minimum, is a clearmos (jumper and battery), change the components (ram, gpu) one by one to isolate the source of the problem. Finally it's either the processor or the CM. I lean more to the latter. I have no beep. I even changed the cable from my monitor and tested with another pc. The problem certainly has to come from the SLI motherboard. In short I also need the solution for the same.

Have you plugged the 4 pin small connector (ATX 12V) next to the CPU? Without it, the processor does not start. Verify that the reset button is not pressed or squeezed the connector out of place. If yes then try to remove the motherboard from the box, put it on something insulated and set off like this (where there would be grounding in the box. If ever such a motherboard is probably dead. I had the same thing with an A8N-SLI-Premium

For me it happened quite simply: I turned off the PC one evening and the next morning nothing death! No trace of either has a component of release! The warranty is one year! When a hypothetical repair it would cost you probably more expensive than a new card! I do not know how it happened (aging?). Can you tell me how it occurred to you that I understand?

Do you know a dealer who rebuke of CM drop out? I do not know if it exists what do you do it? It is true that the cards 939 have disappeared in nine of shops but you can try to see on e-bay. If you have any update kits like this one that is not too expensive! For $170 you have something better than what you had! I am sure that this will help you a bit.

I was wondering if you would display if you start a motherboard without CPU because then I has absolutely nothing not even the first image is the logo of the motherboard and no beep (usually a beep). When I tested my processor on another motherboard socket 939 for finding the 'source of the problem, I will keep you informed.