Thread: GIGABYTE motherboards modded bios activation problem

GIGABYTE motherboards modded bios activation problem

I have the Gigabyte GA-8P965UBH-RH motherboard and want to overclock the system a bit. I am having problem while activating the bios. Now I noticed that the BIOS version is on the motherboard, the clock ratio "blocked". One can only choose 6-8 compartment, more choices are not given. Maybe I'm looking wrong, or is there no "open" Bios version for the motherboard? Also I want to know that SLIC is 2.1 with all versions of Windows Vista and 7 Compatible?? Please provide some useful information that can be helpful for me to solving my issues.

Re: GIGABYTE motherboards modded bios activation problem

This has nothing to do with the motherboard. It's up to your CPU, which does not allow to choose a free CPU multiplier. This is only deprived of the expensive Extreme Editions. That you can choose a multi of 6-8 is normal. 6 is the smallest multi, souvenir, which is when the system underclocked or in saving mode, and 8 is the normal multi to get to the frequency. (8x 266Mhz or similar depending on CPU). You will only can overclock the FSB. This is sufficient in most cases.

Look in BIOS under MIT if the CPU Host Control is set to Enabled. If not activate. Then you can change the FSB, assuming your motherboard allows it. Then I say just once that your motherboard was not designed for overclocking. Is this the correct name of the motherboard? In Gigabyte is no such board. Or is it a complete PC, and thus an OEM board?

SLIC is 2.1 with all versions of Windows Vista and 7 Compatible?
    Yes, with a 2.1, in Table in the BIOS Slic be any (with the exception of the Enterprise, so one is activated with a KMS server) Windows Vista and activate version 7 no matter whether Starter, Home Premium or any other, version (the so-called N versions can not unlock it at the time because there is no OEM / SLP Keys). Slic 2.0 and 2.1 are not in a 86x (32 bit) or a 64x (64bit) is bound and thus can be used for all Windows versions. (If one has a Slic Bios so you can activate any 32bit and 64bit version of Windows Vista / 7, with the exception of the Enterprise version).

Asus boards have their own tool called Flash EZFlash, stick with the EZFlash Bios join it and start. Gigabyte and Co. have similar tools, such as Qflash, hereby can flash it as well. You can also use motherboards from Asus update / flash the Winflash etc., as this in the running (unstable) Windows operating happens, I advise accordingly on principle and would only have DOS flash. You should also note that DOS can handle only eight characters. 8 characters for the name and an extension of 3 characters. So should not their time trying to flash your bios file renamed to eg Bios.Rom, then everything should run smoothly.