Thread: Medion MD5000 - HDD Recognized in BIOS - Not Recognized after POST

Medion MD5000 - HDD Recognized in BIOS - Not Recognized after POST

I formatted my pc and the concern is that I can not believe this sound and also impossible to access the bios f1 and del does not work. I reboot and my external HD does not appear in the workplace. It is present in System > device manager > disk, but nothing happened. Here is my config :
    Motherboard- Medion MD5000
    System Type PC Interface Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI).
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 ( IE 6.0 SP2 ).
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c).

Please help.

Re: Medion MD5000 - HDD Recognized in BIOS - Not Recognized after POST

You need to try your SATA hard drive with an external adapter by plugging it into a USB port to see if it reconu and windows . In you function in your bios , which can detect your hard disk , automatically and manually detected more ? And you do not have to get a virus (boot ), despite not detecting your hard drive by the bios , if you continued in the early detection of the lighting of PC, go you , the menu vista ( startup option failure, last good configuration).

Can you put a firmware update it back to the same thing to update your bios , the risk is the same. For encouragement , I was confronted many times in this kind of problem, I know it is not easy but nothing is lost in advance . For information , I used Diskedit ( Dos ) to fix this problem , it is hard to find ( it was supplied with Ghost 6.x " ) but is very powerful as a tool.

you do not need to set jumpers because it serves only the SATA 2 drive to curb their speed or ability. The settings should be: In your bios , Tab "Advanced" -> Entry. You should have a section "Onboard Devices Configuration" -> Entry. 3rd line: "Onboard Promise Controller" choose "Enabled". 4th row :Operating Mode" choose "Onboard IDE Operate Mode". For the bios , it must tap the Del key at startup or higher. You have to go into Integrated Peripherals. To exit the BIOS without kidney modify , or Escape key exit.

If it does not appear in the bios , it will not appear either in the disk management .The DiamondMax 160GB of disk maxtor were a deplorable quality, I have returned in full cartons of SAV the point that I did not want to hear from Maxtor. I assume that your disk has also passed away . They commend your disk less than 3 years? If so , know that you can send it directly to sav of maxtor that you exchange it , having previously completed an application online via their website . By the way your disc is SATA or PATA ( IDE) ?

There are three kinds of partitions : the partitionThe extended partition and logical drives. A disc can hold up to four primary partitions (only one can be active ) , or three primary partitions and one extended partition . In the extended partition you can create logical drives ( that is to say " simulate " multiple hard drives smaller size ) . Check the partition.