Thread: Marvell SATA3 controller driver problem in ASRock 890FX Deluxe3

Marvell SATA3 controller driver problem in ASRock 890FX Deluxe3

I want to ask that who had ever been a problem here with the drivers of SATA3 Marvell controller? If I want to install on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit anyway), then there is always a blue screen. Also be 5 different plates, which all go to the SB, he not even recognized in the BIOS. On the other hand shows HwInfo to it, it can not therefore be completely broken. Also have no nerve now expand the board to send to the dealer at the end to read, perhaps, because I had made precious to errors, and the Board would be in order. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Marvell SATA3 controller driver problem in ASRock 890FX Deluxe3

What exactly do you use for drivers? As the controller in the BIOS is set? I think that you should try to install it properly. After that you will have to do the settings in the BIOS accordingly. If you are not aware of the settings that I would recommend you to refer the manual of the motherboard, which can definitely help you.

The 1.0.0.1034, no matter which version is by the way, i386 or AMD64 from ASRock CD do the same under both 64bit. IDE drives are neither recognized nor AHCI in the BIOS. With MS drivers Windows 7 it appears in the device manager, but just do not drive. Actually, all sounds as if he were defective, but how has HwInfo the information about it then, with the appropriate I / O areas, and the correct position on the bus? I usually have all been tested internally and then also again with the IcyBox which works perfectly on my Acre8940. For each test, only the cable of each plate was inserted, usually in SATA3_7, but also in times SATA3_8 (which goes as needed to eSATA). If neither the board here and the time slots or ESTA tried? I am not able to understand anything.:

Same problem. Before the upgrade I had Gigabyte P35 with esata IcyBox with a samsung 501FJ. Now no longer recognizes the Board of the ASR esata. Have the IDE controller on stand (so far done everything without AHCI). Blue Screen at Marvell installation I have. In the bios Marvell is enabled.

I was also having the similar problem. To activate the tip AHCI including the proposal of ASRock themselves to swap a cable helped. Where the old cable goes to AHCI also. I have also knocked ASRock why and how I / we get a blue screen when I install / we the Marvell driver. To this question I still have no answer. Did the whole time in Windows XP (XP2 and 3) try and get there a blue screen ... I wonder what was being tested in quality management. So many doses it is a win-not for me. As soon as I get an answer, I write it down here ...

I am in the process of waiting for a replacement Asrock 890FX Deluxe3 motherboard because the first board I received from NewEgg did the same thing. When installing the drivers from the CD (or downloaded from Asrock web) I got the same, BSOD, when the Marvell SATA3 driver was installed.

After the BSOD Windows 7 would not reboot and I would have to actually install Win7 (64 bit) again. I did this several times.

Once, while in Safe Mode, I tried installing the driver and did not get the BSOD but then Windows would not boot and I was back to square one. After spending time on the phone with ASRock tech support they suggested to RMA the motherboard which I did. The replacement is arriving today.

I tried two different brands of SATA cable and different RAM. Today I am going to try a new PSU and new RAM. Using a Western Digital 1TB SATA3 hard drive, AMD Phenom II 3 core CPU 2.8ghz, Patriot G series Sector 5 PC3-10666 DRAM 8GB (4x2) and 4GB (2x2).

If the replacement board has the same problem then I am going to try a different motherboard maker such as Gigabyte or ASUS.