Thread: Trying to get proper BIOS setup for Dell to be genuine

Trying to get proper BIOS setup for Dell to be genuine

I have a Dell Precision M6500 (BIOS A09) with Windows 7 Ultimate and most recent updates installed on it. It had came with Vista (and an XP downgrade) installed on it but I wanted to use Windows 7 and so I installed it with Dell OEM "auto-activation". However the problem seems to be I am only allowed to run Vista from the BIOS. Is it possible? Can anyone help me in order to have Windows 7 running happily on this computer?

Re: Trying to get proper BIOS setup for Dell to be genuine

Why don't you visit the Dell website in order to see if there is any BIOS update supporting Windows 7? There should be some thing related to this. All you need to do is download that update file and flash your BIOS. This has helped me when I was switching from Windows XP to Windows 7.

There are several things that you have to do. First of all change your Windows Update settings. Turn it off and change it to notify before install. This will help you to see what you are going to install before the installation starts. Also take a regular backup of your data so that you don't loose any thing important. Also you might have accidentally installed the WAT update KB 971033.

Before going to surf internet, you first need to validate your Windows. For this you need to have Certificates and keys sorted. Once you have all these things, you can then finally uninstall WAT update as and when required. Simply go through the update log and remove it from there.