Thread: HOW to remove BIOS password of Acer computer (Both Laptop & Desktop)

HOW to remove BIOS password of Acer computer (Both Laptop & Desktop)

I had forgotten the password for the BIOS, called upon starting the computer. I am using Acer laptop and I need help for that. I need some method to remove the request for password at startup of any PC. Either that can be any laptop or desktop. I am trying to find out some software where I got some but they does not work at all. As the issue is related to BIOS.

Re: HOW to remove BIOS password of Acer computer (Both Laptop & Desktop)

That can be done but there is a bit hardware skill needed for that. For resetting the bios you will need to open up your system and then look for the jumpers which are located on the motherboard. The main issue is searching for the bumper settings for the bios. As you find the setting you will just need to reset the same.

Changing jumper settings of the motherboard is quiet properly but for that you will need to open the computer either it will be a desktop top or laptop. Open the computer case after completely off and unplugged the power cable. Check the documentation for your motherboard to locate the jumper to make resetting the BIOS. If you have any documentation, look on your motherboard the following inscription CLR BIOS, BIOS CLEAR, CLR CMOS, CMOS CLEAR, RESET RESET BIOS or CMOS. It is usually found near the button battery on the motherboard.

The jumpers of BIOS are too close to the battery. This is the best location to fin them. There is a 3-pin connector which is placed on the motherboard. It as a attachment in the middle which you need remove and the put the same back again. If the rider is on a 2-pin connector and is mounted on one pin, place it on both, wait a second and then return it to its original position.

The simplest method for this is to remove the CMOS battery and then put the same back again. Disconnect the computer from around the area and then locate the motherboard battery. Remove it and put it back again. Restart your pc. This is the best and most easy way but it also need opening up of the computer which is a bit harder with laptops.

On some models there is a reset button below which can reset the bios settings. Or else simply remove the battery and keep pressing the power button for more than 5 seconds. You all passwords and entire things will be deleted. There are some CmosPwd software which allows you to boot from disc and remove the password. But better recommended that you do that from BIOS settings.

Simply enter the bios settings and then go to the security settings. Remove the password from there. The password in bios does not delete that way. Under bios you can change it but not delete it. The use of this jumper to clear the BIOS password and return to the factory configuration is explained in the Motherboard manual. But this consumes some time.