Thread: Getting bios on to Dell Inspiron 1501

Getting bios on to Dell Inspiron 1501

Hi all, I require some help to make this possible but having some confusion that it can be possible or not.

Actually, I am trying to get a BIOS onto the Dell 1501 inspiron (AMD version) and I got the .rom file and finished the downloading procedure of winphlash but it does recognize the .ROM file - its searching for the .wph file. One more thing that the BIOS apparently is A16 now I am sure that the AMD versions of the Dell inspiron implemented because of the different BIOS style/type so does this would be feasible anyway....? Just looking forward to getting from peeps which are considerably cleverer than I am..

Re: Getting bios on to Dell Inspiron 1501

Do the flash from DOS or query about the same to members who have already tested the mod how they have flashed the same . One more thing, i wanted to tell you that are you running the Dell winphlash as the administrator of the system . Don't go for the generic winphlash downloading procedure of the BIOS from Dell and execute the same but don't flash. It assumes as the user temp directory and find out if it unpacked there rename your modded BIOS file with the same name as unpacked BIOS file and replace the unpacked on with yours then flash this .

Yeah - Moved through the same and finished that - I have tried to issue the same running as the administrator user - also moved to the compatibility mode (xp32) which is not working after that ....ironically the official 2.6.8 BIOS did unpack automatically to the desktop (where I finished the downloading of the same ) I then after replaced my 2.1 ringer file in the location of the actual place but still received the same as phlashnt.sys error.....Do you have anymore suggestion ..

The modded BIOS is functioning proper way and I have done the flash operation in the following method :

1- Download the recently upgraded BIOS from official site into the Empty directory.

2- Download the modded BIOS to the same directory

3- Launch the official self-extracting BIOS file

4- Allow the BIOS file to accomplish the updating of BIOS components.

5- The directory will be left with so many unextracted files including the window flashing software and a ROM or bin BIOS file

6- Make double click onto the window flashing software and choose the modded BIOS to flash the same again..

Error updating BIOS on a Dell Inspiron 1501

I am running with an Inspiron 1501 on which I finished to installation of 64bit Windows 7 . It is working properly but I am stuck going for the updation of BIOS. Dell only suggests the Windows BIOS flash tools and when I try to launch that I received the Error Code: 1275 which I have narrowed down to occurring the problems with 32 vs. 64 bit (According to me). I have tried to working with the USB DOS boot drive but the BIOS tools complains that it will not open up the DOS Windows . I am working with the flash tools as an administrator and I have configured the compatibility settings in proper way .

Does somebody here have any suggestions regarding same , what I can try to update the BIOS on this system ?

How have you finished the installation of Windows 7 64bit onto the Dell Inspiron 1501? Dell is going compatible with only admits to Windows Vista 32bit and XP on such type of model and structure .

According to me, the BIOS is a after all the least of your future headache . I would really suggest you to move back with the 32bit operating environment , as a 64bit would not have any appreciable facilities on the current system. You can go for Windows 7 32bit, as the Dell Vista drivers are supported .

Dr. V Guest

To explain on what Systech stated . In some cases, the BIOS moves through the version update easily to go through the hardware update. Therefore, it's not unheard of that a latest BIOS may not be feasible with an previous revision of your motherboard's PCB.

I am not getting any result as the 'performance increase' from a BIOS upgrade, as it has been stated , if it is not got broken then you need not to go for resolve this ! Most BIOS updates are only important when new hardware is not recognized during the booting process.

Event then those are rare situation, and probably result in the updates past the components intended life-cycle.