Thread: How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

I want to modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files of my computer and I want to use new Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to modify. Can you please tell me how to use Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool ? I have not used this Bios Before please provide me with a brief description to change Bios Files using new Phoenix Bios Mod Tool.
    Last edited by Atakapa; 20-08-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Re: How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

Following is the step-by-step BIOS recovery
    1. First of all download Disk maker.
    2.Now Create Crisis Disk using WINCRIS, you will need a usb ped drive/usb flash drive or a floppy disk.
    3.You can also replace "BIOS.WPH" file with your file but don't forget to rename that file to "BIOS.WPH".
    4.Now take the battery and power cord out of laptop.
    5.Hold in Fn+Esc, take in the power cord and then press the power button (without releasing Fn+Esc key).
    6.USB floppy drive/pen drive/flash drive reads the BIOS file from the disk. now you acn release Fn+Esc key.
    7. Display will always blank in recvery process.
    8.It will take 1 to 2 minute for recovery. System will automatically restarts after compleation of recovery process.

Re: How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

If You don't know what you are doing then flashing BIOS can be very dangerous. It can damage the BIOS chip. The external factors that we can not control to ensure such process will !00% success but the only thing what we can ensure is that the modified BIOS image is properly build with zero warning and errors.We will not be responsible for failed BIOS flash or any other failure.Use it at your own risk.

These are the steps what I made...
    1.open bios.wph with Phoenix BIOS Editor v2.1.0.0
    2.now copy the file slice table(eg ACPI5.ROM) in phoenix BIOS Editor\TEMP that contains dissassembled\extracted bios.wph
    3.open rom.scr with notepad and add a line eg. "ACPI ACPI5.ROM"
    4.open BIOSCOD1.ROM with a text/hex editor
    5.search for "RSDT" string
    6.overwrite string next to "RSDT" with ACRSYSACRPRDCT and save it.
    7.to enable save button (now is gray) change something random in Phoenix BIOS Editor
    8.save bios and check log for errors.

Phoenix Mod Tool can only modify three types of Bios file, Which are as follows...
    regular Phoenix Bios is the 1st bios file and it has extension .WPH or .ROM. Insyde Dios is the second bios file and it has a extension .FD or .ROM. and the third and last bios file is Dell Phoenix Bios which has the extension .ROM. Phoenix Mod Tool will not change any other file accept these three files.
    Last edited by Santy; 20-08-2010 at 03:02 AM.

There are some points to be noted while using New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool
    1.You must have a new Bios file to modify, We can not modify a backup of your file.
    2.those people having regular Phoenix Bios ,they can download thair bios from recommended manufacturer motherbord's website.the bios will be in .WPH or Rom Format.
    3. You can download the dell executable file from Dell’s Support Page Website if you have DELL Phoenix Bios.
    4. you can download the file from the manufacturer’s motherboard website if you have Insyde Bios.
    Last edited by Orton; 20-08-2010 at 03:18 AM.