Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

PowerMac G4 QuickSilver

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 19-08-2010

PowerMac G4 QuickSilver

Hello,
My old PowerMac G4 Quicksilver (2001) with ATI Radeon AGP video card is currently giving some problems. When I connect to the sector, the fan a red light on the motherboard a green light on the PCI ATA controller for months to replace the controller on the motherboard. The disks appear to rotate (I feel the vibrations). For cons, the light switch off as soon as I released while the rest continues to bustle. Well, not since nothing happens on screen. I took out the battery, done a reset of the motherboard, nothing changes. I need some advice from you guys. Thank you.

Old 19-08-2010

Re: PowerMac G4 QuickSilver

The keyboard responds (CapsLock that lights)? The Mac is in "Coin" start? And starting on a CD / DVD installation, or better still an Apple Hardware Test? First test these if you have not already done them and then post what are the problems you are facing.
Old 19-08-2010

These are the points:

(1) I did not pay attention to the keyboard
(2) It seems to me that I mentioned but it might be lost in my first post online, there is not the usual beep.
(3) I must have been very upset for not having thought of the Hardware test.
Old 19-08-2010

Hello

- there are no lights on the keyboard.
- is actually the first version of my message that I reported the absence of sound.
- no way to run a CD or DVD

Funny thing, the fan and the interior lights are activated without my manipulating the push button front. Just as I put the juice on the power strip that powers the PowerMac and the monitor to activate this little world. I tend to incriminate the block or push the itself. I assume the button controls a relay but I do not know if it is in the block of said button or the power supply unit.
Old 19-08-2010

Hello,
Even I did had the same problem, I always thought it was inappropriate to press the reset button on the motherboard when the machine is turned on. Pressing this button turned off the lights and stopped the internal rotation of the fan. The machine is therefore closer to normal operation. I closed the box and pressed the button on the front.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,