Thread: MS 6541 Pin connectors

MS 6541 Pin connectors

My friend is having the MS 6541 and he has problem while configuring the pin connectors of that motherboard. So I thought to take some help from you guys. He is having Microstar MS-6541 Ver 1.0 2A/512/400/1.5v an Intel chipset for Socket 478 I845G. It may belong to a Compact Evo D310 but I'm not sure. What I need is if someone can provide details of connection of this board as the LED pins, power and reset button are not marked and I do not know as they go. I've gone crazy looking for this information online but I had no luck. Please if someone had that information I would appreciate to send me as soon as possible.

Re: MS 6541 Pin connectors

It is indeed the great motherboard d310v compaq evo in the lower right corner to find F-P1 18-pin, 3 rows of 2 cables combined as follows: hard drive LED pin 8-blue, red pin 9; button-black power pin6.

white and yellow button pin 7 pin9 ready, green Pin8, not only takes away the reset button cable ready source of power and resets alone, I am sure that this post will help you.

I had the bad luck that I win one of these little machines, first remove the HDD format with another team and put in the evo did not want to boot, so has the same evo on the same plate but it was using another source of a compatible computer and now I want to use the same source d310v not want to switch, you clear the CMOS and the power cord to connect the lights alone. The problem is that it ignores the power button, I have switched to clear the cmos and not turn it off, so you are not alone who is having the problem.

I know the basic connections about MS 6541. The following points can prove helpful for you :
    • Mostly Pin 5 & Pin7 (Black & White) for power Switch.
    • Pins 3 & Pin 4 (Yellow & Green) power LED.
    • Pins 1 & Pin 2 (Blue & Red) for HDD.

This board is an OEM board in the ready-calculators of Compaq. was installed. MSI offers for its OEM products do not support. The connections is as follows :
    • Jumper Power SW
    • Reset SW
    • HTT LED
    • Power LED
    • Jumper Mode
    • Turbo LED

Can we say not so. Until recently offered MSI support (ie BIOS updates, drivers, manuals, etc.) also for OEM boards. Had noted that even once an FSC-PC (OEM) and MSI offered there for the built-board support. Meanwhile, these boards in the archive listings are no longer included. That is across the board can not say exactly. The Power-SW does so in principle nothing to bridge more than two pins on power up. Usually printed on the boards quite small when the relevant pins are.

Without knowing which components you have and how connected where with the board, it will be difficult you can be helped only partially. Therefore, it would be helpful if you could at least answer some questions.
    1. Was the motherboard before it came into your "range" functional, and it was well protected against mechanical damage in an ESD package stored?
    2. If a board suitable for the installed CPU is in order?
    3. Was the same with the graphics card and is this functional?
    4. Is the graphics memory used for the board to size and also okay?
    5. Its function is a suitable power supply used and this is connected to the network and turned on?
    6. The LEDs were connected correctly and in the case of "non-luminous" also sometimes reversed (as a way DUO LED POWER LED is set in green / red).