Thread: How to Get Windows 7 to detect your new multi-core processor

How to Get Windows 7 to detect your new multi-core processor

I am looking for some in dealing with multi core processor in Windows 7. I have a quad core processor in my system. I had installed Windows 7 on dual boot support system. But the same is something not getting all cores. And sometime it supports. I also want to know how to disable some cores if not required. I am just testing my new multicore processor on Windows 7.

Re: How to Get Windows 7 to detect your new multi-core processor

This is actually in rare case when all cores are not detected on Windows 7. It happens most of time after upgrade. It does not matter whether you are using a single core, tri or quad core processor. For that go in Task Manager > Performance and there you can check the system performance. The other thing you can click on Task Manager >View and then click on CPU history.

It happens sometime and the process for the same is sometime a bit complicated. Click on start and in the box type msconfig. Then go to boot and click on Advance option. There you can set the rate of cores. The settings are not compulsory but depends on your need. In Advance option you can find the Number of Processors. You can also use Easy BCD to limit the cpu cores for the system.

So as to determine a core that will crash during heavy mounted frequency for testing or simply conserve energy. A quadcore core flanked by a defective and could be used without hesitation if it is off where it offers additional crashes. It is necessary to run certain applications as the first multicore incompatible version of the 3D engine of Unreal Tournament or the program MmioTrace Linux. This operation does not disable or materially cores selected, it is only a possibility to constrain your operating system does not apply for the chosen core.

Click on Start and then click on run box. Then type there msconfig and click on OK. Go to Advance and a second window appears with the option to check to allow disabling the desired number of cores. Restart the computer then for the settings to take effect properly. To reactivate a core of your processor just uncheck the box Number of processors.

I have a little problem I had disable one of the core heart on my pc to play counter strike. I had gone in the setting in msconfig and of course. I had no longer have the issue with the settings. I am using Vista and I am planing to upgrade Windows 7. But problems related to the security of remote servers multiplayer. Some I think that the games are not compatible with some dual core.

If you uncheck the Number of processors in the Options window Advanced file and you boot valid through OK. It should return to the settings by default. Reboot the PC. Then verified whether the two core operating normally in the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt Del and go under Performance tab. Try to disable the security settings from your system which sometime create issue.