Thread: Asus P5kpl-am Board

bestearner Guest

Asus P5kpl-am Board

I've a PC with ASUS P5KPL-AM BOARD. It rans very cool. But once after power failure it didn't switched on. Then I replaced the cristal of the board. Now if I pluged in ac cord with the pc then n there the pc become switched on. Though in the BIOS SETUP I configured it to after ac power loss stay off. what is the main problem is when I turn off the pc it turned off and start again. I already update the BIOS INFORMATION and searched all over the mainboiard if there is any shrot in the board.

Re: Asus P5kpl-am Board

I was having a similar issue last time when I wrongly flashed my BIOS. Usually when you all hardware is properly configured in your BIOS then only your system boots up. So you said that you flashed your BIOS which you must reverify again that it is done properly. Second thing check your current power supply and try to change that. It might have a issue.

bestearner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bansi_WADIA View Post
    I was having a similar issue last time when I wrongly flashed my BIOS. Usually when you all hardware is properly configured in your BIOS then only your system boots up. So you said that you flashed your BIOS which you must reverify again that it is done properly. Second thing check your current power supply and try to change that. It might have a issue.
    Thanks Wadia. When I couldn't overcome the problem only then I mean at last I update BIOS. And I am sure that the Bios information is absolutely right. I already tried with different Power supply. Please suggest if any other solution u can think.

If you are able to get to the desktop then go to system preferences -> energy saver and under options, check "Allow power button to sleep the computer." Also check "Restart automatically after a power failure." In some events such as a power failure or a failing power supply, there might be a case where something or the other hardware might be damaged, so check all other hardware peripherals whether they are burned or not.

milliirthomas Guest

The main problem when you turn off your PC than its start again. You have already updated the BIOS but it's not essential this problem related to Bios. Check your current supply and try to change it their must be a fault.