Thread: ASUS P5LD2VM and Intel Core 2 Duo E6300--CPU fan not working

ASUS P5LD2VM and Intel Core 2 Duo E6300--CPU fan not working

Instantaneously recently my system happening to restart on its own each 30 minutes or so my friend recommended it might be overheating so I started it up in Bios and when the system is idling the elevated temperature is at 50 C and increases. I noticed the CPU fan starts off at 1700 RPM additional than then instantaneously goes to 830 RPM and stays there. I have comprise on clue why my system has immediately recently started to do this as I have comprise not installed innovative hardware/software and changed nothing.

Re: ASUS P5LD2VM and Intel Core 2 Duo E6300--CPU fan not working

You have to create certain your power supply. Random restarts are often connected to power supply tribulations. I presently anticipate it has not gone south and took your motherboard by means of it!" I recently had tribulations too. I utilize PC Wizard 2006 to create certain up on my CPU temp and a bunch of additional info. I originate that it was way too hot. It's not hot sufficient to cause tribulations during idle additional than when I play games or process videos, it causes a reboot. So I had purchased some arctic silver 5 (AS5) and it lowered temp by 10 degrees C. You be able to purchase any brand you desire if you necessitate that thermal compound stuff. Perhaps you necessitate a innovative fan as well."

My CPU fan stopped running. I detached and reconnected it more than a few times- no modify. Originally I thought it was the fan itself, additional than immediately to be certain I position in on an additional system and it worked. Where are the tribulations PSU or the motherboard and how be able to I distinguish which of them is the troublemaker. Gets an adapter so you are able to plug the fan into one of the power leads coming immediately off the Power Supply. Or, get a fan that plugs unswervingly into one of the Power Supply leads. Bypass your mobo and see if that takes care of it.

The whole thing additional than the fan works extremely well. I was thinking regarding bypassing the mobo, additional than I have comprise and concern regarding this. The processor is 1.6MHz Pentium 4.There is a number of electronic control of the fan's speed. Determine to this control run if I bypass the mobo. The mobo be able to detect how fast the fan is spinning. I do not think the mobo controls the fan speed. You determine to lose the capability to read the fan's rpm. I think some mobo's determine to give you tribulations if they detect the CPU fan not spinning additional than you might not have comprise a tribulations by means of that. Most the entire of the heavy duty CPU fans plug unswervingly into the power supply leads. I have comprise a Volcano 11. It plugs directly into the power supply leads by means of a diminutive wire going to the mobo header so you can read the rpms through the mobo.

I have comprise comparable tribulations I replace the fan by means of a innovative one tranquil did not see the fan running. I have not try to plug unswervingly into additional power supply leads. Anybody tell me how many of such power supply leads available there and any risk of doing that. Are they all 12V ? If I do that, does it mean the fan determine to run the entire the time no resting. Immediately purchased a innovative computer (built everything ok) additional than I am getting no signal from monitor, No beep from mobo and cpu fan is not running.

That does not create sense. Did you purchase a system or did you build a system. And in view of the fact that it does not run, how is the whole thing OK. If you built it yourself & did not benchtest your components previous to installing them in the case, that was a huge inaccuracy on your part. Gut the case & start from scratch. Create certain every wirings on the mother board and the power cords of the tower. They might be immediately loose connections. There is a second 4 pin power socket in newer motherboards similar to excavation that I had not plugged the power into.

I built it from scratch. The whole thing brand innovation from their boxes not certain how to bench test motherboard or CPU. I have comprise and tried to isolate the tribulations by running a dissimilar hard drive, testing graphics card, and unplugging the whole thing and replugging. I believed the install to be ok, I immediately do not be familiar by means of which apparatus is not running appropriately or how to determine what else might be the tribulations. Well I have exhausted the entire I am able to imagine of additional than here is a post I originated relating to my problem.

LeeRain Guest

I don't think the mobo controls the fan speed. You determine to lose the capability to read the fan's rpm. I think some mobo's determine to give you tribulations if they detect the CPU fan not spinning additional than you might not have comprise a tribulations by means of that. Most the entire of the heavy duty CPU fans plug unswervingly into the power supply leads. I have comprise a Volcano 11. It plugs directly into the power supply leads by means of a diminutive wire going to the mobo header so you can read the rpms through the mobo