Thread: 1.5GB vs 1GB memory

1.5GB vs 1GB memory

I have comprise and encompass 2 sticks of 1GB ram I presently purchased it. They are together 6400 800 MHz 1GB sticks from AMPX. My previous 2 memory sticks were 4200 sticks of 512mb I immediately tried to position my 6400's in and my screen would not work and would stay blank. I have comprise an Intel Pentium D CPU 2.66Ghz. I was told that 6400 would run (immediately not to its full potential). Is this due to compatibility tribulations.

Re: 1.5GB vs 1GB memory

The 3rd stick determines to hammer you out of dual channel mode, additional than dual channel is hopeless on a socket A system anyway. If you are working with your 2500+ at stock speed (11 x 166MHz), you be supposed to underclock your RAM to 166MHz (DDR333) to match. The CPU/DRAM ratio of 1:1 gives optimal presentation. Have you considered overclocking the CPU. The majority 2500+ have no tribulations working with at 3200+ speed (2.2GHz). The entire you would necessitate to do is increase the FSB from 166MHz(333) to 200MHz(400) & set your PC3200 RAM to run at its defaulting speed (200MHz/DDR400) to match. A CPU voltage increase might be necessary to stabilize the overclock.

In your case, almost certainly not as you have comprise and originate out. If your system was handling 533 MHz memory (4200) which the Pentium D's did, then 667mhz is almost certainly the entire the higher the system determine to be familiar with. Give us the manufacturer of the motherboard, the model number and we are able to be of additional assistance. Not the entire Pentium D's were made to hold up or maintain 800 MHz, and not the entire motherboards were moreover. Some motherboards are able to be tremendously finicky when it comes to memory. That’s why manufacturers have not compulsory memory lists. They are the entire DDR2, and might physically fit the slot, additional than as you observe, might not be well-matched. Higher ram MAY work in lower systems, working at lower speed governed by the lower systems slower bus speed, additional than it's not a certain thing.

So I am certain this is a useless query, additional than I have comprise two separate HD's, one is a 160gb that I utilize as the primary drive by means of vista on it that is operating at 1.5gb/s and the second is a 500gb that operates at 3gb/s that functions as a storage apparatus by means of no programs installed to it. First off how does windows acquaint with which is drive is master/slave. Is that not approximately anymore by means of sata. Secondly be able to I have together drives at 3gb/s. They be able to together operate at that and they are they are by the similar maker, and are in the similar series.

Yes I would go dual channel several day of the week in excess of an extra 512mb, I imagine you determine to get additional presentation from the dual channel I asked some additional folks (friends) and they the entire told me to get the extra 512MB, saying dual-channel gains are negligible. The entire the tests I have comprise seen are a year and a half previous or additional. So I did not be familiar with if technology has changed or something. Cause it seemed similar to dual-channel was the way to go. My merely query is whether I determine to necessitate the extra 512MB to run Vista in the future. Additional than it's years away previous to I would run Vista. Additional than I would similar to the laptop to most recent additional than 5 years. Additional than 512MB for XP is extremely well for me at present. And Microsoft is saying 1 GB for Vista. Additional than some folks are saying you determine to necessitate 2 GB for snappy operation. So I am at a loss.

Well, I have comprise heard that in addition. On the other hand, I have comprise an A8N-sli deluxe (939) platform by means of a San Diego 3700+ (AMD 64), and I immediately wonder if who is telling you that owns one of these units. I own one and am able to tell you that there is dissimilarity and that is why I am working in dual channel right at present. That is my opinion from working excavation. An additional aside, I in addition own a P4 that runs in dual channel, and the development dissimilarity is comparable to what I am running right at present by means of this unit. So, do not be familiar with where they get that opinion from. I do imagine it is basically an opinion and we are the entire entitled to that.

The Dual channel makes a big dissimilarity if you are a gamer. In my previous system, I had a stick of RAM die on me so I dropped down to 3 sticks. There was tranquil abundance of RAM to run my games, additional than it's speed was actually cut short. I took the third stick out to have comprise and encompass dual channel the entire in excess of again, and I gained an additional 35fps in Doom 3. It makes a huge dissimilarity in those types of submissions. Do they give you the alternative to purchase 1.5GB and throw in the 512MB for free. This determines to give you 2GB of dual chan. If you are worried regarding Vista performance, I be able to tell you that on my current rig Vista RC1 and RC2 (together working with full aero glass and ultimate edition) work beautifully by means of presently 1 GB in dual channel. Vista RC2 feels immediately as snappy as XP. On the other hand Vista does utilize regarding 10%-20% additional memory than XP. If you have comprise the capability to get 2 X 1Gb I would go for that it keeps your dual channel and the whole thing from games to Vista determine to thank you for it.