Thread: Intel dual core 2 OR AMD opteron

Intel dual core 2 OR AMD opteron

As the antagonism is taking the wind out of Intel's server CPU sails, what's the reply. A Xeon based on the Core structural design: Woodcrest. The Intel Xeon 5160, (Intel's Top Dual-Core Xeon.) Determine to Intel most excellent the current presentation champion AMD in server-wide performance. Intel dual core 2 OR AMD opteron which one is superior. Dual-processor setups were the merely method to go for many years if you were in necessitate of serious computing power. What you suggest me.

Re: Intel dual core 2 OR AMD opteron

That would be superfluous - Opterons are meant to be linked jointly for multi-processor procedure, primarily in server oriented surroundings, additional than notwithstanding, the performance of an Opteron 285 @ $1000.00+ (for illustration) is practically identical to what is attainable on the workstation FX-60 chip. The entire you necessitate to do is evaluate the presentation of an FX-60 chip against the Well I did not be familiar with for certain considering the Opteron 64 socket 939 has some performance advantages in excess of the Athlon 64 product.

The Opterons are immediately additional cautiously manufactured to create certain they are 100% stable for most important corporate companies which necessitate them in their servers & workstations. Currently the Conroe clock for clock is a lot faster than no matter which AMD has to present right at present. Even though in pric/presentation, the Dual Core Athlon 64's are untouchable, and an amazing purchase. Yes, I immediately purchased the X2 4400+ for $220 in the box brand innovative. Now where AMD is tranquil extremely strong is a 4 method & above configuration & the memory bandwidth have right of entry time or something of that matter.

Maintain in mind that we are comparing AMD's 2003 technology which is tranquil tremendously innovative against Intel's innovative 2006 technology. So, it is fair to say that Intel takes the crown on this short lived surrounding. In anticipation of AMD releases there 65nm Dual Core CPU's based on the K8L design coming out in Q4 2006 to Q1 2007. AMD's takeover of ATI was in addition almost certainly the most excellent thing AMD has ever completed period. At present we be able to expect solid chipset platforms & CPU/GPU being integrated mutually on one PCB for affordability & much faster performance. At the similar time giving you several PCI-E x16 slots to always upgrade your graphics at a later time & such.

I am so exhausted of Intel fans trying to act so advanced to AMD fans regarding the Conroe core. Similar to this was such a significant blow, that it makes AMD look similar to fools, immediately a bunch of horses. I would positively anticipate Conroe would outperform AMD's offerings, it is innovative. Comparing it to technology AMD spanked Intel by means of for years at present it be supposed to in turn !Spank! AMD (somewhat, it seems that it does not do that enormous of a job in getting back at AMD). Individually, I am disappointed by means of Conroe. Additional than who actually cares. I am waiting for IBM's Cell processor.

Not that you might actually compare a proc solely on FLOPS additional than DAMN! Wiki claims that presentation wise, Cell be supposed to outperform the whole thing out there at the time by anywhere from 300-1200%. That is the prevalent jump I have ever heard of! K8L does give the impression of being interesting even though. Additional than I do not be familiar with how it determine to evaluate. And I have to fracture it to Intel's fans. No, AMD is not going to go out of business, in authenticity, it might not feel that much damage, not subsequent to handing Intel its own ass for years at present, and the acquisition of ATI, it determine to, in fact, do extremely well.

It was a bittersweet victory for AMD immediately beneath two years ago. AMD was capable to deliver presentation that was considerably faster than Intel's brand innovative Xeon, additional than despite presentation leadership, the CPU by no means actually took off. By the end of the Athlon MP's life, Intel's presentation had improved considerably to the point where AMD no longer held a presentation benefit. Then, to no one's revelation, AMD retook their lead in the processor market by releasing their Dual-Core Opteron systems which far exceeded Intel's top of the line Xeons obtainable on the market by leaps and bounds.