Thread: Motherboard Mcp61pm-hm No Power No Post

Motherboard Mcp61pm-hm No Power No Post

Hello everybody, I anticipate somebody be able to assist me. Details: PC: HP Pavilion a6130n, MB MCP61PM-HM manufactured by ECS. OS: Vista. Tribulations: I shut down system as standard from side to side OS. When I pushed the power button to twist it back on nothing occurred. I luckily had an additional system obtainable. I went to HP site and originate the troubleshooting guide for these tribulations. I followed the troubleshooting steps and no assist. Checked power supply. The led was on, therefore, power going to the system I need some help here.

Re: Motherboard Mcp61pm-hm No Power No Post

You had checkered the power supply. The led was on, consequently, power going to the system. Called HP went from side to side tech hold up or maintains directions. No assist. Tech orders a power supply. I checked to observe that the power button was getting power it was. I disassembled the system. Create certain to observe if there were several burnt spots on MB additional than nothing was visible. Tried plugging the power cord into more than a few outlets similar results. I changed power cords no assist.

If the fans a approaching on this is indicating that the PSU is running. Do the trays of the optical drives open when you move forward their button. Be able to you have right of entry the BIOS. If you have encompass the installation disc for your operating system. If you do try putting it in the CD-ROM and reboot, if the system boots from the disc then you determine to have comprise narrowed the tribulations down to moreover a troubles by means of the OS, or the hard drive.

I do not imagine so it does not take much power to light an LED. I suppose it takes a lot additional to run immediately regarding several device/peripheral/component. What's the rated output of the PS you presently are trying to utilize. In view of the fact that you have comprise an additional system. I would recommend putting that PS in that PC and confirm that it truly runs. And a PS from an older system might not be sufficient for the power demands of a newer system, IMO.

First, shutdown your system. Then unplug the power cable going into your system. Once you have encompassed and opened the case, touch the metal of the case to emancipation several static electricity. The connector of the PSU which attach to the motherboard is readily familiar by the numeral of wires in the bundle. To disconnect it you determine to necessitate to press on the plastic clip to disengage it and then pull the connector up and away from the motherboard. Give pleasure to take notice of the position of the locking tab and the notch on the socket of the motherboard, this determine to merely attach one technique as it is keyed. This wire bundle determine to have a memory of the way it has been installed and determine to want to bend back that direction, you might have to play around by means of it to locate a position that the connector determine to stay in the similar position at the same time as you run the test.

It sounds comparable to the PSU died. Do you have comprise a Voltmeter. And how satisfied are you running inside the system. There are two things that you are capable to try if you are contented by means of working with inside the system, one is to bypass the motherboard which initializes that startup of the PSU, and the supplementary is to make use of a Voltmeter to read the contradictory rail voltages. The purpose of this procedure is to bypass the motherboard to test the PSU.

Please become aware of that there are PSUs by means of 24 pin and 20 pin connectors, the position of the green wire in the 24 pin connector is #16, and the green wire in the 20 pin connector is #14. If you give the impression of being at the connector by means of socket side facing you and the clip on the top the numeral one pin determine to be on the bottom left corner. This makes the pin out for the 24 pin connector from left to right 13-24 on top, and 1-12 on the bottom. The pin out for the 20 pin connector from left to right is 11-20 on top, and 1-10 on the substructure. If you give the impression of being at the connectors you notice that these are sockets that fit in excess of the pins on the motherboard where the PSU cable attaches, this is where you determine to place the jumper. For a jumper you determine to necessitate a piece of solid wire regarding the size of a paper clip (20-22 awg), if at all possible a wire by means of insulation. It determine to necessitate to be large sufficient to fit firmly into the socket so that it determine to not require to be held in place at the same time as testing. You are at risk of electrical shock if you are holding the jumper when you power up the PSU. Insert one end of the jumper into the socket of the Green wire, and insert the additional end into the socket of several Black wires.