Thread: Problems with ASUS CrashFree BIOS

Problems with ASUS CrashFree BIOS

I’ve got a dead flashed Asus P5B Deluxe. According to the manual, the CrashFree BIOS 3 not a problem, but the practice is different. The board does not do anything. No video, no beeps, let alone access to a floppy or USB stick. Have already removed everything except CPU, RAM, PCI video card and to clearing the CMOS. My previous research, the success of this can be "features" seem extremely low. Or can someone tell me how it works? Please help asap.

Re: Problems with ASUS CrashFree BIOS

According to me, and some in the forum, there is no chance. If the BIOS can not access the hardware and / or output any beeps, is Sense. CrashFree will probably mean only that you can do without CMOS reset again clear the decks. In other words, if the BIOS boots up and no longer recognize Ergo no hardware anymore, as it should then recognize a USB stick?

Supposedly the support CD a Crash-Free BIOS motherboard emit a signal to bring the drive to start, but must work for which the requirements are met, I do not know and not what! What would you but could you would get to a suitable Bioschip for you or you like to play on the latest Bios from you preferred, and can solder this one again! Note however that the guarantee is then gone!!

I'll bring these issues up-corpse again. Is there actually been new in this area? Currently, I have such a board here, but a P5B Premium. It also says no more sound. If you want to use the motherboard Support-CD/-DVD order to flash using the hopefully still in the BIOS boot block, the existing BIOS in the flash chip back, how must it be connected with an optical drive? Ranges from an old ATAPI-CD/DVD Rome as the master on primary IDE port, or it must be a SATA drive, which hangs on one of the first two SATA ports?

This is not a classical BIOS chip but more known as a serial EEPROM. This is a SMD component and soldered by means of four each on two opposite sides of legs to the board. It would be difficult to replace these without SMD soldering. Bye you ever heard of a board or send it through the retailer to Asus.

Yeah, would be the P5W dlx when been so easy thanks to good old technology! Maybe I know someone who can replace the part. The "Asus Rampage Formula" I have also ordered, if removal of the chip should not go so easily. Boards with 2x PCIe 16x are relatively rare in the S775, so I have so ordered one. My Q6600 G0 should thus be to get over 3Ghz - the P5B dlx there was always really bitchy!! An upgrade to an i7 comes out of financial reasons, not yet considered.

On the supplied motherboard CD / DVD contains a BIOS file - this has a specific name - for example, "P5B.ROM". This copy NAMES - and the NEW BIOS, of course, rename unpacked –
    Create a boot disk - up to
    autoexec.bat
    IO.SYS
    MSDOS.SYS
    COMMAND.COM

Delete everything you do, the BIOS file will not fit on floppy – AFU236U.EXE and BIOS file (P5B.rom copy) on floppy disk. It works with the CD - with some MBs with stick - in the FAT_16 should be formatted - and need patience - one is in FAT-32 formatted drive only adopted in newer MBs.

The disadvantage with CD (DVD) is that here the first (old) BIOS is partly filled - and that could turn a new problem to arise - then prefer the key - this should however be bootable - with the same data content as the floppy disk - the "autoexec.bat" should have relevant content. But the best experience with ASUS MBs and the Crash_Free_BIOS-3 I've had a disk, because all my friends had installed floppy drives goes fast. In the guide, all three possibilities of recovery are listed - as I said - with disk it has always worked so far.