Thread: P4P800-E Deluxe Drop Mod

P4P800-E Deluxe Drop Mod

hello I seek to make the drop mod on my motherboard vcore to stabilize (it fluctuates too much and kept me OC my CPU). But this is not at all like me first component around which to weld is not at the same location in master it is cooling between the socket and port ltp, my home is in the socket nearby 12V power connector 4-pin cpu. Second components cms placed round does not correspond with the picture of cool-mstr I think this is due to the revisions of my motherboard (1.02). If someone has already done this mod would be kind enough to enlighten me on the procedure I should follow.!?

Re: P4P800-E Deluxe Drop Mod

I think that it would be better for us to understand if you provide some images of your motherboard. Also looking at that you can ask the exact thing that you want to ask. I hope that you can upload the pics so that the query of yours can be solved as soon as possible with the proper solutions. Well, you can at least see if they voltages and temperatures and speeds to behave decently. The importance of this information is just a matter of opinion.

I am sorry for not providing sufficient content. Here are the pictures to support my contention :

I hope that now some can help me in solving my problem.

Change Vdroop

Potentiometer recommended: 50 KOhms multiturn
    Solder a potentiometer 50 to 28 KOhm KOhm rule as shown in the image below:

You should have got exactly how to do ..

I did and it's useless. The probes on these cards are lousy. If you measure your vcore in multi, you'll see that the fluctuations are much smaller than reported by the probe. In fact, the droop mod fixes more or less read errors of the probe. In addition, it is better to have the habit of welds. If you must put a 28 ohm volume pot between the branches 17 and 18 or two points without resistance.

The pot is good I have a 50kOhm so I put it on the value and AC drives, welding I have a friend who has an Electronics welding cms so AC should not be a problem. .. So, I made the weld directly on the legs of the component or the little black cms below? Otherwise I can connect the two points seamless (green on your photo) with a conductive ink pen / paper without putting pot? (I heard something similar but I'm not sure it works as requested). Last question how do you manage to take the vcore voltage to the multi? I put the weight of the multi in the mass of a molex? and the point of touching or I put it? Or something from the second mod vDIMM if you did this well is that I must face:

For vDIMM is good here (I looked in my box) For welding, it is easier to solder volume pot between the two green dots the two legs of the ADP3180. I burnt a card trying to weld on the legs.. To measure the vcore, you take the weight anywhere on the box and you measure at the base of the coil the highest (right side), where the copper wire coil back into the BCS. In my case, I did the mod and the vDIMM vcore mod (no droop). But the vcore mod with a Prescott I do not recommend it.

ok thank you for measuring vcore I have succeeded AC oscillates between 1.53 and 1.55 to 1.58 in bios yet therefore, the droop never change nothing but the fluctuation is not properly calibrate the sensors? The vcore mod which brings you speak what? choose a higher voltage 1.9V in the bios? with no interest for more fourscott 1.6 L2 begins to resent ... or rather it gives a perfect stability for vcore? Last question is there a polarity was observed between the two solder points that you told me in the ADP3180?

There is no polarity. But with a trimmer no mistake on the measurement points and connecting the mod. With a prescott or a Dothan in my case, you can not exceed 1.6 V in the bios. The vcore mod allows to go beyond. For example, in my case, before the 1.6 given in 1.58 real. With the vcore mod, I was up fleurter with 1.7 V (I will not recommend in your case). Trimmer variable resistance so with three connections. For example, between the two extremes you have the maximum resistance (50 kilohms in our case) and after adjusting your resistance vary between one end and the fitting of the environment but vary in the opposite direction between the middle and the other end.