Thread: Asus Crosshair Extreme IV with Lucid's Hydra

Asus Crosshair Extreme IV with Lucid's Hydra

I am now here to check out some information about the Asus Crosshair Extreme IV with Lucid's Hydra. First I would like to thank you all guys for trying to help me in solving the problem for my last ASUS motherboard. But I was unable to do anything, so I decided to change that motherboard. Now after going through some articles, I thought that the Asus Crosshair Extreme IV would be best for me. So I need your help for gathering some information about that motherboard. Please help me by providing some useful information.

Re: Asus Crosshair Extreme IV with Lucid's Hydra

ASUS continues to show the cream of its high-end hardware at the CeBIT 2010, we saw the ASUS ROG ARES and now the turn of showing two top-line motherboards, but ultimately to the delight of fans of AMD, which already were getting tired of seeing so many top-line plates only for Intel. The two new exponents for AMD platforms (AM3) are the powerful ASUS ROG Crosshair Formula IV and Extreme IV ASUS ROG Crosshair. Well as I mentioned to the delight of fans of AMD, ASUS has once again created top-line hardware for AMD and in this context has prepared these two motherboards (ASUS ROG Crosshair Formula IV and Extreme IV ASUS Crosshair ROG) for socket AM3 platforms , plates also are based on the discrete graphics chipset (PCIe) AMD 890FX + SB850 southbridge.

The ASUS ROG Crosshair Formula IV, is oriented to high-end audience, incorporates 4-port PCI Express 2.0, SATA 6.0Gbps connectivity through the same chipset, while an additional controller provides two ports SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) + 1 eSATA port, feeding phase of 10 +2 stage (10 for CPU and 2 for the memories). Connectivity includes 8 +2 channel audio, SPDIF, Gigabit cable Ethernet, FireWire, eSATA, 2 USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. The plate also includes the feature-oriented overclockers iROG.

The ASUS Crosshair ROG Extreme IV is focused on the enthusiastic audience and overclockers, the board must be more complex for AMD platforms to date, as well as the features to overclock the C-4 Extreme adds a wide range of electrical upgrades including Super capacitors feeding best ML, PWM circuit, voltage measurement points (v-chek point) to monitor voltages more accurately using a voltmeter, ProbeIT property, control of electrical change for PCI Express, iROG Bluetooth control, chip Additional BIOS and a large number of other features.

The board itself is quite large in size to a format approaching EATX (Extended-ATX), this board also features four PCI Express 2.0 x16, but with the difference that this has more space (1U) between each port PCI Express and thus promote the implementation of multi-GPUI settings ATI CrossFireX and Quad-Crossfire unobstructed space. The C-4 (Crosshair IV) Extreme also incorporates the AMD 890FX + SB850 chipset and USB 3.0 connectivity (via additional driver) and SATA 6.0Gbps (via chipset). It is estimated that ASUS boards to enter this market at the end of April (maybe 26), when AMD launched its AMD Phenom II X6.

Asus is moving fast with its AMD line Series 8, putting out two plates and M4A89G (890GX) and also a couple of ROG (Republic of Gamers), all products based on AMD 890FX chipset. The company has already presented two models that are top of the line "High end", the ATX motherboards Crosshair Crosshair Extreme IV and Formula IV are targeted at enthusiast users who want to build a system around AM3 platform solution 890FX/SB850 of AMD.

idea Re: Asus Crosshair Extreme IV with Lucid's Hydra

I am trying to figure out the best way to post question . My question is that my sound card is apparent physically ( opened and can see it) but the mixer does not show up in control panel and I cannot hear any sounds from the CD or DVD drives or from any place else. Been working on finding help for a couple of days now. I wonder if someone on this site can help?

ayudameplz,

Have you already downloaded and installed the audio software for you audio device. Please tell us your computer brand name and model number/ID. You will also have to check whether the Windows Audio Service is not turned off and make it to starts automatically when the sound card is installed and working.

Asus has given the first details for the second branch of the new "Crosshair IV" series known. After the debut was succeeded by the "Formula", is coming soon, the "Extreme on. This is the first motherboard from Asus, which is on Lucid's Hydra chip. In principle, the forthcoming flagship of a Crosshair Formula IV that was supplemented by a few more details. AM3 basis are still the new AMD 890FX chipset and the matching pedestal.

What will the exact details about the Asus Crosshair Extreme IV is not yet known. Because it is still pre-production models from which others branch also been shown to CeBIT have been. Has since been removed including one PCIe x4 slot and built a fifth-PCIe slot for graphics cards. Also, the buttons for power, reset & Co. changed something.

Located on the SB850 southbridge, the Hydra chip allows the motherboard Asus support multi-GPU configurations consisting only of AMD cards, only cards Nvidia or AMD and Nvidia both at once, breaking the chains that prevent putting together different plates manufacturers. The Extreme IV Crosshair includes five PCI-Express x16 able to accommodate new and old GPU, supports processors AM3, and also has a function to release cores, overclocking ROG Connect via Bluetooth, four DDR3 memory slots, nine ports SATA (the red is definitely the 6.0 Gbps), Gigabit Ethernet and 7.1 channel audio. Asus has not put a price on this beast ROG (yet), but is unlikely to cost more than $ 200.

First seen in March at the CeBIT 2010, the number of motherboards AMD Republic of Gamers Asus Crosshair is extended with the Extreme IV, which is driven by the AMD 890FX chipset, and now poses for the cameras to let us see Hydra Lucidlogix its chip SoC (System-on-a-chip) in the nude. Located on the SB850 southbridge, the Hydra chip enables this Asus board support multi-GPU configurations, composed only of cards from AMD, Nvidia cards only, or both AMD and Nvidia, breaking the chains that prevent facilities from different suppliers. The Extreme IV Crosshair includes five slots PCI-Express x16 GPU, support AM3 processors, and also has the unlock function core for overclocking ROG Connect via Bluetooth, four DDR3 memory slots, nine SATA ports (the red are the 6.0 Gbps), Gigabit Ethernet and 7.1 audio.