Thread: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula & X6 1090T BE under LN2

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula & X6 1090T BE under LN2

My plan is to make my own rig for high 3D graphic performance. I need a heavy system where I can carry out my graphic work and publish the same online. For that I found a motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula. After going out for some articles the best processor for this is AMD Phenom X6 1090T. I need some help on deciding about both the hardware's. Will they work fine. What about the memory support.

Re: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula & X6 1090T BE under LN2

The motherboard used is the Asus Crosshair Formula IV architect around the 890FX chipset, which the NDA is a nice one and it is high performance with Amd Phenom X6. The entire hardware is very costly and gives high performance. For that you must first checkout the price list and the specification. The ram support is quiet normal, use can choose from the DDR3 range of high mhz.

The board consists of three separate radiators, which covers the Southbridge, Northbridge and mosfets, which are linked by a heatpipe. It is therefore a passive system and Asus has provided no additional fan in the bundle to improve cooling, this should not be necessary. The Asus Crosshair Formula IV is built around AMD's 890FX chipset, which represents the new high-end AMD. It is therefore compatible with processors supporting the AM3 socket (Athlon Phenom II and II) and has an 8-phase architecture.

Talking about the ram support this has four DDR3 memory location for a maximum of 16 GB and a maximum frequency of 1866 MHz. Most attention will have noticed that the fastening systems are present on the right despite ample room if you use a long graphics card. In addition, two phases of its supply their allotted. There are 3 PCI-Express 16x and remember one thing it does not support SLI but the CrossFire.

It is great combination and ideal for heavy graphic performance. Echoing the architecture of previous Phenom X4 II, the Phenom II X6 has a hex-core design. Understand by this that the six cores are present on the same cpu which you can say some what similar to Intel Core i7 980X. It has codenamed as Thuban and the the general features of previous Phenom II. There are few changes are made to the effect that retains its specific architecture.

If you planing a system for server level high performance then this not a bad deal. About the processor you will get the memory controller is integrated naturally always supports DDR3 memory on two channels. Note that the memory controller is backward compatible with DDR2 memory for older AMD platforms. On the side of the interface used for communication between the processor and the rest of the system, AMD remains faithful to the HyperTransport here implemented in the version 3.0.

In board you can find the Turbo Unlocker which can boost the performance of some AMD CPUs regardless of the number of cores used. There was news that some of the cores were unlocked. You can see the Start button and Reset as well as measurement points of tension near the memory slots. The Go button is also present, it loads the default memory settings without having to go through the bios.