Thread: Asus M4A87TD EVO

Asus M4A87TD EVO

Can anyone tell me about the performance and maximum output of Asus M4A87TD EVO. I am looking for buying a new board and my friend has this one with him. His processor has failed to work and he is going to get a new system. So he is selling off his hold hardware. I found the board a bit good in terms of output. I want some help here through which I can go for this board. Asus M4A87TD EVO looks a bit amazing in terms of features and performance, but I am not very sure whether to buy this or not. I also want to know more about the durability and features it is going to offer.

It is a great board. It comes with many advance features that can help you to build a high end gaming pc. I am going to highlight a few one that will surely make you understand what to buy. This board comes loaded with a Turbo Unlocker. That means you can instantly start a Real Time CPU Boost. This is good when you are playing games. It also has a Core Unlocker. It is an extreme process not really recommended for newbies. If you need a board for overclocking then going for this board is recommended.

Asus M4A87TD EVO supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processor. It has as AMD Socket AM3 that will allow you to run high end processor and enjoy smooth gaming. With the latest AMD 870 Chipset you get amazing output from the same. You can enjoy smooth gaming and you can also run various programs. It has a Core Unlocker that will help you to unlock parked core of a cpu. For gaming it comes loaded with ATi CrossFireX. That means you can run various games on the same and enjoy smooth gaming output.

Re: Asus M4A87TD EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Algonkin View Post
    I am looking to buy a motherboard for my new computer. I want computer to play video games that’s why I am looking some good quality motherboard. But I don’t much about the motherboard. I have heard about the Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard. I want to know about something about this motherboard, is it suites for gaming. Please help me.
    Sometimes, catchy techterms like "HyperTransport" & "Dual channel DIMM slots" gets ahead of us, creating an overstating illusion of the product being superior than others. Go on any motherboard website (asus,msi etc) & u'll find all such flashy terms that makes you think 'wow'.
    But I think the most important thing to be considered while buying anything should be 'what exactly are you planning to do with it?'.
    I own m4a78tdv evo, & here is its info in noobie style.
    Firstly,its AMD supporting, AM3 socket mobo that'd provide 140w tdp(thermal device power). That means you can put nearly any AMD AM3 cpu. Athlon,phenom x2/x4/x6 etc.

As fas as your gaming requirments go, this mobo supports two PCIE 2.0 slots, on at 16x(blue) & the other at 4x(grey). This is a bit of waste as, if u crossfire/sli ur ati/nvidia card, then the one on grey would run at 25% of its normal bandwidth. That is 1/4th of its actual speed.
    So if ur absolutely stubborn about crossfire/sli, then better go with 8x/8x config mobo.
    Or best go with cheaper mobo with single pcie2.0 slot with a costly gcard.

Speaking of turbo-v, gpu accelerator,core unlocking,performance boosting & what not, its just fancy overclocking the cpu/gpu on run. Of course it is awesome, but it should not be seriously taken into considiration while buying.(much better results can be obtained from bios oc-ing/and other 3rd party softwares).
    Evo supports 4 ddr3 ram sticks upto 16 gb at 1333 mhz.altho it can also support overclocked 1600 mhz stick,but thats a different story.

My several online friends have had serious issues with asus boards,& they cal me luck to have not faced any problems, whatsoever, till date. It works perfectly for what i got it for.
    I think at 6000-6400 its a bit pricy but is an excellent prefomance board.
    But i might suggest you to have a look at similar boards from msi,gigabyte. Or glance for cheap product from biostar or asrock.

This is a good mobo for gaming, but to do gaming, you also need a decent GPU and a aptly combined processor.

The motherboard chains hard drives developed on the Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s storage requirement, providing improved scalability and repetition the bus bandwidth for high-speed data retrieval and saves. The exterior SATA port situated at the back I/O offers smart setup and hot-plug functions. Simply backup photos, videos and other entertainment data on external devices.

^ what is that about?? you dont need to talk about 3Gbps when 6Gbps is out. though 6 Gbps doent make that much difference than 3Gbps.