Thread: Problem with MSI 770-c45

Problem with MSI 770-c45

I have the board for three days and get Windows XP SP2 installed. I want to install XP SP2 on a SATA disk.Since XP does not recognize SATA disks, I downloaded the driver "ATI SB7xx RAID driver" on the linked page and MSI integrated via nlite in a setup CD. Setup by running up to format the HDD. Here comes the error message: "The partition could not be formatted. The hard disk may be damaged". Moreover, the same message comes with a brand new other SATA disk as well. Which driver from the MSI website and I need to integrate exactly as in the XP Setup CD? Please help me to resolve my error.

Re: Problem with MSI 770-c45

According to me such problem occurs when you don't have the suitable drivers.!! Have you tried the following drivers :
    • Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATALink Driver Installation (from the included CD)
    • AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver diskette (from the MSI website)

I think that doing the above things will solve your problem.

When getting the disk (s install) in IDE mode, you do not need additional drivers. In my case the bios recognized the plates directly and Windows could be easily installed. You get the driver on the MSI Home. You need to copy to a CD and mount during the Windows installation. I am sure that your problem will get solved.

I was also facing similar problem which luckily got solved. So thought that posting some details that was useful in solving my problem would help you.!! I would like to take the disk in IDE mode. In the Bios I have under "Integrated Peripherals" a point which is called "On-Chip ATA Devices". Among them there is the option "SATA controller". This I can enable or disable. If I enable it, so I will include a new section called "RAID" is displayed. Here I can IDE, AHCI or RAID Set. I have already tried out all three, but in any setting has the XP setup to format the disk. What setting have you made? The plate is in order, because I can write as a backup with Acronis True Image on the SATA disk. Only boot is then not exist. Is also a backup of an IDE disk. This is the I had not expected.

If you change the mode to IDE, it should also work without extra Taber. You may disable the SATA controller. Can I no longer remember. In any case, standard Windows had first time without any extra drivers installed with the disks in IDE mode. If you want to install in AHCI mode, you can link from my previous post to follow and copy the driver on a floppy. It works on XP only floppy, no CD!! At the very beginning of Windows setup then you have to press F5 or so (does one call) to integrate the driver. If you missed it, the plate can not be formatted if the AHCI mode is selected.

Formatting with the XP Home Setup CD has been worked out. Errors were two Defective SATA disks, which could not format (either with ChkDsk, nor with GParted, or with PartionManager). My current SATA disk could be with these Bios.Settings from XP setup format, without extra integrate SATA driver. If the disks in IDE mode run, you do not need to embed a driver. Only if they are to run in AHCI mode. So the board had now been two weeks and am very satisfied must admit MSI has found the AM3 boards back to its former quality. Can there be any consideration without further recommend!!

Stable and solid motherboard with all the necessary interfaces for a low price. With a price of 70 euros will cost 770-C45 whopping 90 € less than the also-born winner of MSI 790FXGD70. Instead of four graphics card slots, the lower on the AMD-770 chipset-based motherboard has only this one, also on interfaces such as Firewire or external SATA you have to do without. Gbit LAN, 7.1 sound, and six SATA and six USB ports, but cover most applications from. The bios on the other hand, present itself almost as extensive as that of the 790FX-GD70. Because of the limited capacity of the chipset cooling, you should not expect results as high as in the 790FX-GD70.

With a price of 70 euros will cost 770-C45 whopping 90 € less than the also-born winner of MSI 790FXGD70.
    Compared to the € 70 is also favorable MA770T-UD3P Gigabyte missing from the 770-C45, two USB and two Firewire ports. The bios on the 770-C45 is it comprehensive. Do you want to access your processor overclock, then you better about MSI board, otherwise we recommend as best gigabyte competition.

yes, I have had the same problem. I switched the HD in the bios to ACHI mode and everything went ok. It would not format the HD in IDE mode at all.