Thread: [VERY VERY URGENT]PC Upgrade Help

question [VERY VERY URGENT]PC Upgrade Help

I had :
    Core 2 Quad Q8200
    Asus P5QC
    2gb DDR3 1333
    MSI HD4850 1GB

My Motherboard P5QC became dead and i got rs.8000 moneyback as they were not able to repair it.Now I want to Run / upgrade my PC

If I keep my processor then I cant find any LGA775 + DDR3 Mobo available in Nehru Place Market(Delhi) except Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR (Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR Reviews)

Or, I can sell my Quad core for rs.4500(anybody else wants for better price?)
    and buy New Motherboard and Processor for following :-

i7 860 + H55 = rs.19,500
    i7 930 + x58 = rs. 24,000
    Phenom II X6 1055T + any AM3 = ??

What Should I opt for?
    Upgrade or same processor.

Please Help Fast I need to buy in next 2 hours.

First of all, the best buy i7 is 920, due to is performance/price ratio.
    Regarding your 8200, selling it would not be a bad idea,as its a oldie.
    Before sorting the best motherboard, can you tell me the total budget for the same?

2 hours? Advice. Dont rush into any conclusions without thinking.
    Research for a day on the web, and refer more forums.

Re: [VERY VERY URGENT]PC Upgrade Help

Hi ashwarsadh,

You can pretty easily get the MSI P45-8d ATX Intel P45 775 motherboard @ Rs. 5k or 6k max. It also supports DDr2 and DDr3 ram but as per CPU, it only supports Intel Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo based processors in LGA775 package, it wont support the new I7 core from intel's or so.

Exclamation Re: [VERY VERY URGENT]PC Upgrade Help

Now, ive decided to save money and go for i9, when it comes.Meanwhile, I need to buy a motherboard for LGA775 + DDR3, and only 4 are available in Market : -

1. Gigabyte GA-EP45T UD3LR http://www.zdnet.com/reviews/product...-ip45/33483124 Rs.8,000

2.MSI P45T-C51 http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...&prod_no=1838# Rs.6500

3.Intel DP45-SG http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...g-overview.htm Rs. 6900

4.Asus P5P43TD http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=6zU8BbYgHOzUfmR6 Rs. 7000

ive used ASUS P5QC and it has crashed 3 Times in 1 year, so I refunded it and got rs.8,000 and lost my trust to Asus, Ive been using an Intel motherboard for last 5 years in a pc without any prob.

But Intel has Crossfire Support which I maybe(not sure) useful to me.

But the Intel and Asus one Dont have Solid Capacitors..
    Are they very important, shud I go for it? or any other?

Please Help Fast

Whoa!. Havent u posted the same thread on thinkdigit forums aswell??
    It got me totally confused..

Btw, i might as well use my cpu as a paperweight rather than stuffing it on intel board.
    Msi, gigabyte and asus, all are good mobo manufacturers.
    But since, you've lost your trust with asus, u can go with msi or gigabyte.
    Friendly Advice- to go testfreaks[dot]com.
    They've sorted/ranked the mobos from best to worst.
    So choose the one with least rank.
    Another boring friendly advice - Any time i want to get a new product, the first thing i do is check out the buyers' reviewes.
    Go to newegg & see what pros & cons are.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwarsadh View Post
    But the Intel and Asus one Dont have Solid Capacitors..
    Are they very important, shud I go for it? or any other?
    It is not wrong to say that the solid state capacitors have better longevity and therefore if buying a new system I'd get one with solid state caps. But it is not true that a system without solid state caps will suddenly "die" after 2-3 years. It is better to choose motherboards that use solid capacitors since they are more capable of handling issues associated to system heat. These types of capacitors also provide better support for the processor.

paare Guest

Go for solid state caps only if u r going to use the mbo for a very long time say more than 10 yrs.u said u would further upgrade .so uncheck solid caps .further they dont add to performance.also while upgrading upgrade such that u wont feel need to upgrade soon again.

sell your processor and get urself an AMD setup, yor processor seriously needs a change. you'll get far better stuff for the price than you would have got on intel. Go for the AMD X6 you mentioned. it will be phenomenal. better than the i7. (intel fanboys are not to take offence). getting an AMD will give you better performance at cheaper price and theres the added benefit of the 5200MT/s hypertranspot and not to mention no more socket compatibility harrasments.

i bet you can get a Real good AM3 sicket mobo in Rs6000. go for the GIGABYTE 785G chipset one, if you can. theres an ECS black edition but i dont remember the exact model number. i'll notify you later.
    Last edited by tEcH mAsTer; 11-07-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paare View Post
    Go for solid state caps only if u r going to use the mbo for a very long time say more than 10 yrs.u said u would further upgrade .so uncheck solid caps .further they dont add to performance.also while upgrading upgrade such that u wont feel need to upgrade soon again.
    WHAT ARE YOU TELLING HERE!!!

using the old electrolytic capacitors is like soooo bad, and i dont think he will get any "new" mobo without the new conductive polymer capacitors.. electrolytic capacitors are really ba.

in fact unlike you are saying, conductive polymer solid state capacitors are very stable and offer stable performance. and no one uses a mobo for 10 years, something is bound to get broken, now its hard to find quality products.