Thread: Asus p5p800 and Advanced MB problem

Asus p5p800 and Advanced MB problem

I am having a Asus P5P800 motherboard in my system. I had upgraded here to Sound Blaster Live through Advanced MB. I am facing certain issue on my board now. I had tried to re-install the Windows back for audio. But I am not able get the output. I run the Creative DRM Utility but that also fails to works here. What can be done here to fix my audio support.

Re: Asus p5p800 and Advanced MB problem

Try to run a newest update. In my case I had bought a kit of Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX 5.1 sound. The sound quality is quiet good. On my PC running Vista 64bit with a sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio which is the latest driver installed. I set my speakers connection via 6 channel direct. But after fixing the drivers back again the things are working now properly.

I have the same problem with a card x-fi surround 5.1 and that too in Windows 7. Before under Vista which I used to before. There was no problem a stereo sound was distributed finely but as I upgraded to Windows 7 the problem started. I am using HD 5.1 speakers. I think the problem comes from the creative software after connecting the card Windows seven immediately installs the drivers and there is no need to install the software. But in this case my sound is not working.

Usually I will recommend you to run the software of this care first. I had read on other forums that it was the sound card which is responsible for distributing sound stereo speakers on the other. So I think the problem is that the software does not work or that might be buggy. But I am not able to still figure out that how does that is working in Windows Vista.

With the software Creative XFi in panel 3D and CMS-CMS-active 3D surround mix mode you have the ability to choose the Surround Stereo option. This is same for my X-fi support. Basically, if you want surround sound from Creative then you must check the automatic tick on the settings panel. Try to upgrade the same to a newer one or just re-install the drivers back again.

This is the same problem with a card x-fi Surround 5.1. I am using a USB external sound card for laptop. I had plug the optical output on my amplifier and it only detects stereo sound. I tested it with PowerDVD on a dvd. I had also tried to play a Divx 5.1 video no the same but there is no help here. I also tried to tweak the options but nothing works there anymore. Can I get 5.1 sound only saying to my amp to emulate surround sound from a source 2.1.

I have the same problem apparently. The 6 speakers work fine when I do the test separately whether the other one with the sound card driver is giving out some issue. I have a Xifias with Auzentech driver. But when I run a movie in 5.1 example with MediaPlayerClassic and AC3 Filter I have no rear surround. The surround sound out the front speakers. But I would like to use the resources of my sound card and then plug in 6ch direct.