Thread: Intel X25-M in Macbook Pro hanging on boot

Intel X25-M in Macbook Pro hanging on boot

I am having an issue which i wanted to discuss with you. I have recently got the Intel X25-M SSD 160GB Gen2 and i have installed the same into the Macbook pro but the problem is that when i installed the same and booted the Macbook pro it got hang on then Apple logo scree when press the "C". so if any one have gone through the same then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Intel X25-M in Macbook Pro hanging on boot

I think you need to installed the driver for the same. If you have installed a Intel X25-M then you need to install the driver for the same. And if you are installing the same then i will advise you to download the latest version of the same which you are installing. So download the same and see whether you are getting it work.

Before initiating the Intel SSD firmware update, be sure to read and precisely follow the instructions included in the Firmware Update Guideline, Readme and Release Notes. You may wish to print these instructions for easy reference. I agree with the same that is discussed in the above replies. Follow the link given below.

Intel SSD driver

I am having the same problem which i have sorted out with the installation of the driver that you are talking about. My Macbook is also hanging with the same so i have installed with the latest driver of the Intel X25-M in the Macbook pro and the problem related to the same is got resolved so advising you to do the same.

I think that the SSD which you are installing i.e. Intel X25-M is not be having the compatibility with the Macbook pro which could be the reason behind hanging of the complete system. So it is better to check for the compatibility between both the things and then see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

i have got the same which you have discussed about but one thing wanted to ask is if i am unable to get into the computer then how come i will update the driver or install the latest driver for the same that you are talking about. So if you knows any way by which i can get into the same then please let me know.

For that you have to get into the Safe Mode and then access the same that i have discussed about. To get into the safe mode you can press the F8 or F9 depending on the board of yours and the you will get the option for safe mode. Just select the Safe Mode option and do as i said in the previous post.