Thread: Intel X25M 160G2 getting slower

Intel X25M 160G2 getting slower

I just built my new system with the Intel X25M 160G2 and have some serious issues. I put in 4X2G of Corsair Value DDR3-1333 but in the BIOS, it shows 3.7G as usable even though I have the PCI memory remap enabled. Toggling the PCI memory remap to disabled didn't resolve the issue either.Also, I had the Marvell SATA3 and JMicro SATA enabled in BIOS but in Windows 7, they don't show up in device manager also its going slower. Please help.

Re: Intel X25M 160G2 getting slower

If you can only see 4gb in the BIOS you should try resetting the RAM. You may need to do the following in windows too. Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig into the run command box. On the Boot tab click on advanced options and untick the box labeled "Maximum Memory" and reboot.

As far as the S3 issue...yes that has seemed to plague this board through out all BIOS updates. Although I never use it cause my rig runs 24/7 so I don't run into this S3 problem. As far as the PCIe and USB problems I can say that I have never experienced any problem you have had to deal with. I have a Logitech G-15 keyboard and even though the lights dont come on pre-windows the keys function just fine. All my PCI devices work and dont disappear like yours so it may actually be your board. Sorry to hear that you've run into some bad luck with this board, the lack of BIOS updates Ive been quite happy with the performance of this board.

Set the port on Sata Ide rather in Bios is really very unfortunate. The performance gap is monstrous , especially with a SSD has its internal flow only in the Raid and gives thanks to the speed that enables parallel queries AHCI . At home with X25E, the boot time of XP went from 24s to 8s . So to use whenever possible. For W2k , adapts pilots at least until the ICH10R. You 'll have to reinstall (= repair, to preserve your settings and applications ) Windows , if Vista handles his keys as XP, you can reuse the file in which the activation is stored.

You need to check the steps:
    - On a USB key you decompress this Seven if you installed a 32bit this if it is a 64bit version
    - You put the disk management mode on AHCI in your bios
    - when selecting the location where you want to install your OS , you will choose to pass it to other drivers, and you point to your USB key (or any other place where you have unpacked the ZIP ) - > your DSS should appear in the list
    - once your Windows installation is complete , the first drivers to be installed those chipset ( version 9.1.1.1025 here), And those of Rapid Storage.

if it does not work with these instructions , there must be something that you forgot to tell us where to go because it's the only way to go.

The problem in question occurs when the user decides to put an HDD password in the BIOS , modify or delete . Upon restart , the storage medium becomes unusable and the data it contains inaccessible. Wanting to reassure people who bought the SSD drive and hit the password , the California group said it was working now to develop a new firmware correcting the concern. It will be available shortly and offered for download.