Thread: Cannot Install Intel Wireless Display

Cannot Install Intel Wireless Display

I have a problem with my wireless card Intel PRO / Wireless 2200BG Network in Windows XP. I am unable to install the driver. When I go into device manager, a yellow exclamation point appears right next to the name of the card.!! In the properties of the map, it told me that the drivers are not installed. However, my card worked fine until yesterday morning ... I tried reinstalling the drivers with the driver provided by Asus but the problem still persists. This is not a hardware problem because the Intel works fine in Ubuntu 7.10. The only problem, as usual, comes from Windows ... Please help me soon.!!
    Last edited by Talleen; 01-07-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Re: Cannot Install Intel Wireless Display

Since you are getting the yellow exclamation in Device Manager, your drivers are certainly not appropriate for it. I would like to recommend you to install the latest version of an Intel Wireless Display. For Mandriva LE 2005, there is nothing to do, because everything is already ready in your distribution. You must still install the firmware, which will be automatic if you use drakconnect and you have a deposit plf non-free. You can check that the firmware is installed by typing: urpmi ipw2200-firmware. Note that if you want the latest version of driver, you can (not recommended) to install the source.

A portable computer supplier or end user can install my WiFi Intel utility, by raidcon the custom installation option in Intel PROSet Wireless Software 12.4. Xx (or later) Installer. Intel WiFi my utility installation occurs; the portable computer must convene hardware and operating system necessities. Your computer manufacturer may have distorted the features incorporated into customized or made other modifications to the adapter software. Contact your computer manufacturer to obtain the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

The following instructions are for manually downloading the generic Intel PROSet Wireless software from the site Intel.com.
    1. Point your browser to Http://downloadcenter.intel.com.
    2. Choose wireless networks WiFi Products Intel WiFi Link 5300, Intel WiFi Link 5100 products, Intel ultimate-6300 No Intel Centrino 6200 Advanced-n products.
    3. Select your operating system (Windows 7 or Windows Vista) and select download type.
    4. The Intel PROSet / Wireless WiFi Connection Utility for Windows Vista (or Windows 7) page, click Download.

To function properly, your kernel must be configured with some options. On most modern distributions such as Mandriva 10.1 and more, Fedora Core 3 and everything is ready, you can go to 3. For others, it's a case by case basis. Edit your / usr / src / linux / .config. And make sure you have the next lines uncommented:
    Code:
    CONFIG_NET_RADIO = y
     CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARC4 = m
     CONFIG_CRC32 = m
     CONFIG_FW_LOADER = m
    Of course the "m" may be "there" is not really a problem. But if one of these options was reported as "not set" or missing, it means that you must recompile your kernel.

You must copy the firmware you downloaded in the folder hotplug firmware (to be created if necessary). The path to this folder depends on your distribution. For Mandriva it is / lib / hotplug / firmware /. For debian / usr / lib / hotplug / firmware /. For Slackware and Fedora is / lib / firmware /. In all cases, consult the file / etc / hotplug / firmware.agent, including the setting: FIRMWARE_DIR, to be sure. In the following I will assume it is / lib / hotplug / firmware /. If this is not the case with you, adjust!
    Code:
     # Mkdir / tmp / FW # cd / tmp / # tar xzvf FW / # mv *. fw est/ipw2200-fw-xx.tgz / lib / hotplug / firmware /