Thread: How to check if processor is working?

How to check if processor is working?

Hello,
    I have a PC that was mounted by an assembler, a graphics P4N Diamond cart, equipped with 2GB of ram is my problem. When I started on the computer, it begins running for a few seconds and it stops. If I remove the processor, the computer does not stop. How to know if the failure of the processor? Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: How to check if processor is working?

To explain where this strange idea of removing the processor came from. I do not think this is a good idea unless you plan to destroy your motherboard. Seriously, if your PC shuts down after a few seconds or minutes, that there is probably an installation problem, causing a malfunction or incompatible components. Why not bring this to the assembler pc (before doing something stupid)? It did not test before you give it?

1 - back the processor before the traumatizing lol, take care to properly position, overlapping and connecting the cooling system thoroughly.
    2 - and listens when the PC beep at startup, if so how many beeps? If no beeps, or the tiny speaker inside the PC is not correctly installed or not working, or maybe you have a serious problem
    3 - when your pc starts, look at the processor fan spins.

The computer is 2.5 years old. So far the computer running very well. I remove processor without thinking that this could have an impact on PC components. I have everything back, the fan tune very well, there is no unusual beeps (a single beep at startup), and turns off the Pc. I just forgot to say that cold, the PC stays on a bit longer.

As it is said above, the processor goes, but look if the surface is clean. Cleaned with some good chemical if necessary, ditto for the front of the radiator is in contact with the proc. Puts a little nuts heatsink for a good contact between the two. While the radiator is taken apart, blowing out between the radiator fins and fan blades also. Ski and made a test. Please give the result.