Thread: Intel processor can not start

Intel processor can not start

Hello,
    I think i have a problem with my intel processor, which refused to start.

I have tested the following :

Memory Test: OK
    Graphics Test: OK
    Test Power: OK
    Processor Test: the computer starts after a long period, while with another processor, it starts directly. The processor has been placed on another motherboard, and then it starts slowly.
    Test Motherboard: Upgrade BIOS without improvement.
    At this time, I do not understand anything, because the motherboard works fine with another proc. and proc. works very well with another motherboard. What may the exact problem. Can you help me with this? Thank you.

Re: Intel processor can not start

In view of the test, even if that power is declared "not involved", have you tested another power supply? If your problem is not too old, try to perform a system restore to a date prior to the onset of your problem. At least using the second processor and / or motherboard which in turn seem to work according to your statements.

Indeed, I have already tested another additional power, without improvement. In addition, how a system restore might be the cause, because as I noted above, even loading the BIOS does not appear, that I do not understand.When I made the change proc. that there is one that works and then we return the original, the PC starts a time and after that, nothing. Something difficult to understand.

This problem seems complicated at first sight, in fact it is not that much.
    The observed phenomenon and tests that you have done leaves no room for many solutions.

1 - The Gigabyte bios is not the correct version to support the X4 9550. The version for this CPU should be the F5 or F6. While the card has an earlier version, it just explain the problem. We must therefore first flash the bios to the correct version.

2 - Memory. The phenom is powered by the memory controller, which makes their strengths but also weaknesses. If the timings of ram installed on the Gigabyte is not well "digested" by the controller's onboard phenom, it was exactly this kind of problem described. Dnc should test the memory of the other motherboard (the one on which the phenom works) on the gigabyte, coupled with the phenom.

1 - As I noted above, in fact, I could see that the BIOS of the card was in F4, strangely, it worked very well before. We have therefore made an up to version F6 without improvement.

2 - made on the second motherboard, we used the same strips memories because I have not a lot so we put the same and it works perfectly.

Now, if it is a hardware problem, to which I turn a VAS: AMD, Gigabyte, because in a sense.. Where else, I put this proc. elsewhere and I put a new proc. on the motherboard Gigabyte.

Your first response is not clear: The computer boots up there? It would operate for one month, As he suffered a breakdown special then? power failure or reset "the force"? When nothing appears: Have you tried unplugging everything that was not essential to the entrance in the bios? Namely, leaving only the graphics card, CPU and a barrette ram and nothing else.

And what is the other CPU used?
    Personally, I would go for a motherboard problem, but without conviction because it would look like, still a power problem (I mean the motherboard)

This comes after a power outage but the PC was not on during this break. We tried unplugging everything as you tell me: Motherboard, Graphics Card, and Memory Proc nothing conclusive. The CPU used when all work is an AMD Athlon64 5000. Otherwise, the fishy thing is that when we then delivers the 9550, it operates again, 1 or 2 times then nothing. I will try a reflationary F6 and put yet another PSU to see everything.