Thread: DH55HC and Bios memory setting

DH55HC and Bios memory setting

I recently brought a DH55HC MB by means of an i5 650 processor. When trying to install Windows Vista Ult. 64 bit it would get to the situation where it would start to build the system, then it would collide. On restart the board would point toward a thermal trip. In the bios in the hardware monitor it would point toward the temps at connecting 30-45c. I then installed the Corsair H50 cooler. Subsequent to trying in excess of and over to install the OS by means of the similar outcome I decided to create certain for an upgrade on the bios. I upgraded to the most recent 0028 bios. It went extremely well additional than if you look in the hardware monitor everything is listed as "NOT PRESENT", what is up with that. I was in conclusion capable to get the system installed additional than it determine to crash at present and then for no reason.

Re: DH55HC and Bios memory setting

If the computer is restarting by itself the problem might be related to the memory installed. What are the complete stipulations for the memory you are using on the computer (speed, voltage and timings). The BIOS being not capable to report several temperature might be related to a Management Engine difficulty, you might necessitate to clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and the entire power cables from the power make available to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least, subsequent to that try using a previous version or description of the BIOS, one step behind be supposed to be extremely well and create certain the entire in excess of again the BIOS.

I am working with a core i5 650 @ 3.2GHZ. Memory speed is 1066 MHZ. 4GB of OCZ3P1333LV4GK DDR3 1.65v the board pronounce memory voltage is 1.5v. The memory latency is CL7-7-7-20. The system has been working for the previous 3 days by means of no difficulty. Subsequent to reading your reply I determined I would clear the CMOS rerun the bios update. I was going to position the CD in the drive previous to shutting down, as almost immediately as I pushed the button to open the drive it collided. When I twisted it on it was indicating it had a thermal trip. Additional than opening the case and feeling approximately there is not several heat, nothing is hot. I consider Realtemp when it says 20-25C. I adjusted the memory voltage to 1.65V we determine to observe if that makes several difference.

If the memory is rated for 1.65v this unsteadiness problem might be related to how the memory is being clocked by the motherboard, on the other hand you be supposed to maintain in mind that the processor installed might be damaged when using a voltage higher than 1.6v. On the other hand a processor thermal trip communication is not expected; on the other hand if the system is capable to restart right away subsequent to this occur, then almost certainly this might be immediately a misreading from the system BIOS. The most excellent troubleshooting that might be done on this particular difficulty would be swapping a number of the components involved such as the processor, motherboard and memory.

Why is there a 1.65v situation for the memory if the processors the board was designed for cannot handle it. Anyhow I did set the voltage for 1.65V and it has not working and/or complained regarding a thermal trip in view of the fact that. Near as I am able to tell the merely difficulty at present is the hardware monitors in the bios saying that they are "NOT PRESENT". I would go back a version or description on the bios if I was not worried that I would immediately get thermal trip tribulations the entire in excess of again. Due to the older bios displaying monitor temps in the high 50's even by means of the Corsair cooler in place. If it runs do not fix it comes to mind. That does not mean I do not desire a declaration to the difficulty.

The 1.65v and on top of settings are obtainable in observation of the information in sequence that this motherboard is an Extreme Series motherboard, those settings are obtainable for you to make specially them depending on the system arrangement you would similar to utilize, this provides elasticity to your system, even if it implies over clocking which might damage the components on the system if it is not appropriately done. You might take benefit of such characteristics under your discretion.

For the reason that innovative processor integrate memory controller, so if the memory voltage is too elevated, it might damage processor, that's why Intel recommend to utilize memory which voltage is lower than 1.6V. And concerning hardware monitor problem, for the reason that ME necessitate to maintain some information in sequence in the memory, so give pleasure to try an additional 1.5V memory and observe if similar issue happens the entire in excess of again. Concerning the temperature readings you listed, they are within stipulation. Maintain in mind that at BIOS level, the entire power saving characteristics (which in addition reduce heat) are not present on BIOS, similar to Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) for illustration, so you be able to consider the temperature readings on BIOS similar to running the motherboard on burning mode.