Thread: Graphics problem with Core i3 htpc

Graphics problem with Core i3 htpc

Our colleagues have tested HomeMedia latest Core i3 on a bed of H55 , but most have dealt adequately with the issue of sound and video decoding in an objective answer to the question posed in the title . Everything about the picture or sound through HDMI has been analyzed , so this test is somewhat different from all others by focusing on this specific aspect HTPC . You know what to do so. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Graphics problem with Core i3 htpc

These are the new Pentium Dual Core G9665 , Core and Core i3 in socket LGA 1156 . Known for some months now under the codename CLARKDALE , these chips are unique to integrate both a dual-core processor (recorded in 32 nm ) and integrated graphics ( 45nm ). This is also , by its specifications , very interesting for home theater use . Indeed , it is the first IGP that supports HD audio bitstream as the Radeon HD 5000 ( useful if you have an HDMI receiver just recently ) and the management of two flows HDCP ( for connecting a TV and a projector for example) . Besides that , there are obviously a hardware acceleration for decoding videos with post processing functions most accomplished than its predecessor .

The test seems not very objective, this next video chipset manages less and less good as the filters and audio side , although the bitstream on a igp you dream for a long time , software is far from being as good compatibility as the HD5000 for momentbref the igp is not AC and the hd5500 and hd5300 that will happen, hopefully very soon will be much more interesting for HTPC.

Is something that I take it. You sound through your HDMI adapter ? If the DVI is no problem for the 1080p DVI and HDMI in fact below the 1.3 standard AC comes at about the same, except that the sound does not pass ( you will never sound with the dvi . .. only the image). The simplest seems to be a DVI - HDMI cable and connect the sound of your motherboard with an RCA jack output sample.

Check the following things:
    * In the Control Panel, click System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Display adapters .
    * Expand the sub- menu and select your current graphics card .
    * Right click and choose uninstall .

This has the effect of uninstalling the drivers and remove the card from the list of hardware installed on your computer .

Remove the screws holding your graphics card to the PC housing , then push or unlock the lock at the rear of PCI - Express or AGP . (Most motherboards come with a system preventing the graphics card to disengage the connector, each manufacturer has its own solution , refer to the manual of the motherboard for details ) Photo : Coding 1 = 2 = System blocking PCIExpress.