Thread: Intel DH55TC latest bios update problem

Intel DH55TC latest bios update problem

My problem is I flashed the bios of my motherboard Intel DH55TC with new update but after flash the computer no longer works. Boot up from the floppy drive is activated and after 7 or 8 seconds beeps and so on I tried with other versions but not succeed. Can we go back to the old BIOS version ? Help me please.

Re: Intel DH55TC latest bios update problem

Turn off the PC , set the jumper to Recovery mode . Turn on the PC and inserted the disk bootable update . The BIOS has a non-erasable boot block that allows you to start the machine . However, the number of statements in the block is very small , the display does not work. It must then follow the proper conduct of operations through the loudspeaker system and the LED of the floppy . The issuance of a beep from the PC and the lighting of the LED indicates that the system copies the code of Recovery in the BIOS. Once the LED turns off the floppy drive , the process is complete. You can then return the PC off, reposition the jumper Recovery in its original position and repeat the procedure for normal flashing from DOS.

Some motherboard manufacturers have taken into account the contingencies of a flash failure and propose the recovery of the factory bios version by different methods : It is about creating a system disk containing program flash , the bios file and an edited copy of the file autoexec.bat in the root of your hard drive. Modifying this file is to insert the command line responsible for starting the process of flashing (example : if your awddlash.exe nomdufichier.bin bios is a bios AWARD ) Restart your computer with the floppy inserted . It will be read at startup and immediately launch the procedure for flashing your bios . The bios has lost its integrity can indeed in some cases continue to scan the contents of a boot disk , and pull information system.

Updating Bios on your machine can be necessary to solve hardware conflicts or allow you to properly use the last processor releases and additional functions ( eg update required to use Celeron some motherboards LX Mid- 98 ) or to resolve a problem conflict related to a graphics card to memories the recognition of a hard drive too Large ... However the operation is without risk and therefore if your machine working well, not do NOT update your BIOS ! In fact there is always a risk of missing a Flash BIOS ( about 1 % failure ) and the map mother does not restarts. Repair is sometimes still possible ,but more complex.

This process of updating the BIOS (or "Flash Bios ") is to re - write EEPROM memory called " ROMs " : It is a memory that does not go away if that is erasable and rewritable electrically. It re - wrote the memory with the last file correspond to new BIOS program. As will be explained in the files provided by the manufacturer, this is done through the execution of a Specifically, after starting on boot disk (* ): All this is specific to your motherboard so follow carefully instructions provided by the manufacturer and save your old BIOS if the option is available.

You can not even re- ' flash 'the BIOS since the motherboard will not boot . However SI the motherboard has a BIOS memory that can normally properly by resetting the BIOS (in Otherwise, there is usually do). To find out if this is the case , look for the component rectangular ( or square ) on there is usually a label that includes the word BIOS. If this component (it is EEPROM ) is plugged into a plastic (Not soldered to the motherboard ) then can come out gently sliding a small screwdriver down on the (Do not over bend the legs). remains to find the program BIOS that you want to load binary ) and use a timer EEPROM is compatible with the type of to reload the motherboard BIOS. It remains Then put this component in the motherboard. If you realize this operation, some precautions: Before the disassemble note which way the chip Bios ( the EEPROM ) is installed in the to the back in the right direction . If do not remember it , there was a notch the top of the component, in one of two small sides, must be put in front notch support. Make careful not to over bend the legs of component. I recommend very strongly plugger , or a déplugger EEPROM so that the motherboard is in voltage.