Thread: Intel i7 vs Xeon for Adobe CS5 users

Intel i7 vs Xeon for Adobe CS5 users

I wanted to know your opinion for best among Intel Xeon and Intel Core i7. What are their policies and what are their performance. I want specification no the base of Adobe CS5. I am sure about the Adobe CS5 speed which is much improved by adding up Nvidia where CUDA plays it roles. But this is in relation to the GPU. What about the processor support. According to me Xeons are best for graphic work.

Re: Intel i7 vs Xeon for Adobe CS5 users

The Intel Core i7 and Intel Xeon have the same orientation. Intel Xeon is a processors for commercial server and workstation. There have been some more cpu in the same category like Xeon, Pentium 4, Core2 and now Nehalem Core I7. For Xeon they are classified as four-digit number like the 5xxx or 3xxx series. The last two digits to the frequency of the process. I am just trying to somplify the architecture.

Other than that, the system described in the NVIDIA video is likely a dual-Xeon W55xx workstation system i.e. two processors per system board. The W55xx series processors use the same LGA1366 socket as the i7-9xx series processor. They generally have more cache and can operate with the FBDIMM and has more hearts than the consumer versions of their public architecture.

Xeon Quad CORE 2 CPU cores each have 6 or 4 x 6 = 24 hearts for the machine at all. A number of hearts as elevated is completely useless for the common people and is reserved for big math and other 3D processing. To make playing the 4 cores are already more than enough. They are the best value for money is for dual cores is currently. So unless you are rich because Xeon cost does not matter for you then you can switch to this CPU instead of Core i7.

It's true the xeon are very expensive and indeed I will turn towards the Core i7. I bought in 2006 a system with Xeon 5110 with 4G fbdim which costed very hight amount. I had found that people are still using Phenom x2 4g ddr3 10000. I am not talking about synthetic or test but distortion photoshop or creation of smoke. The only negative point of Xeon processor is that it is not made for gaming.

I will go with Core i7 which is quiet effective for games. However the Xeon is designed for working on servers and workstations. It is ideal choice for that. Here both are the top processor and the choice on you to make your shot for gaming and for working. A intel core i7 processor with a good GPU support is more than enough for you. The Xeons are for oriented servers and they are not designed for traditional PC.

You can go for some less expensive mode of Xeon which can probably belong to eight-core Xeon 7500 series and that has cost me $3000. But this is not more expensive as compare to the other processor. It good for video editing work. The processor alone is enough strong to meet you all needs. The other I will suggest you is X56xx series or if you want to go for a bit lower suppot is Core i7-9xx series.