Thread: Quad core temps

Quad core temps

I have a trouble with my temperature. I am saying that my processor is not OC, that its voltage is 1.2 and that of the V to 2.1 RAM. In Idle my CPU is at 50°C, my motherboard is 45°C. When I start a game the CPU up at 63-65°C and my mother Map to 52°C. The other day I made a one OCCT to see if the PC was stable. In the second or the test started Proc instantly mounted at 72°C and the CM rose to 65°C and then at the end of the test, the second or it ended the CPU income directly to 50°C and 45°C CM, PC Stable. The following is my configuration :
    Intel Core Quad Q6600 (G0).
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4.
    4X1 GB PC8500 RAM OCZ Technology Reaper HPC.
    Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB.
    Corsair 620HX.

Re: Quad core temps

Have you checked the temperature with an Everest, CPUID Hardware Monitor?? I would like to suggest that you should use both of them to check. If both are showing an approximate temperatures then you will have to set something for cooling the motherboard and processors. I think that using Zalman 9700 CPU with Arctic Silver Thermal Paste 5 would be the better option for you.

The other day I made a one OCCT to see if the PC was stable. In the second or the test started Proc instantly mounted at 72°C and the CM rose to 65°C and then at the end of the test, the second or it ended the CPU income directly to 50°C and 45°C CM, PC Stable.
    I find also that 72 ° C is limited, even burn in test for stability, then I know very well what proc is amazing but I rather think you should have a temperature like 30 - 35 and 50 in burn ... That's about what I have for the Intel E 6850.

I think that you should change your cooling system. According to me you should go for Vendetta cooler - Intel Socket 775 and AMD 754/755/939/AM2 - Heatpipe Technology - 92mm Fan - Speed: 1200-2800 RPM - 54.6 CFM 39 - 22-34 dBA. With Vendetta, OCZ innovative in design and architecture of the CPU fans. In fact it has an original design. Heat pipes connecting the base and cross through two radiators and vertical positions and the 92mm fan overlooks it all.
    • Fan Size: 92 x 92 x 25
    • Radiator Dimension: 97 x 79 x 134

It's not a quad-core math wrong four times faster than a single processor. A dual-core is approximately 1.5X more effective than a single processor. What to see is if you often use your CPU to 100% if it is not the case a dual-core or quad is completely useless. And to think any (read Clubic) spitting on AMD saying that they are incapable, so that for once, they try to stand out rather than copying Intel. After, I do not really know what is the proc ... (Not tested). For Clubic benchmarks, it looks to be worth the Q6600 but everything is played in the future. And the benchmarks are subjective ... Also looking at your problem I would say that changing the BIOS version (flashing the BIOS) will definitely help you.

Meanwhile nothing saying a quad core "native" is more effective than a fake quad core intel home. The evidence is that they have a devil's sentence to produce them. There is still no tangible evidence to confirm that the AMD solution is better than that of Intel. While a technical point of view is slightly better, but ultimately decides what is the software, in which case he will run faster??

@Shutdown
    It's not a quad-core math wrong four times faster than a single processor. A dual-core is approximately 1.5X more effective than a single processor.
    It depends very much on the program ... Sometimes you can not create a thread for that tat off Tasks. For example, when you load a file, it's nice to start a thread for "digest" the file, and that the program is stupidly blocked. As it happens infrequently, and if you use threads for that, we do not win much. If we realize the heavy numerical calculations, can be expected to crunching numbers like crazy and it continually. We can then arrange to create an independent in the calculation, and turn the threads thoroughly continuously. In this case, speed can be effectively divided by the number of hearts. In a game, a thread can handle the AI, another of the physics engine, calculating a third of its space, etc.. Given the current games, is increasingly used and it can withstand an increased load. Moreover, if the game is networked, another thread supports firewall, anti-virus software can filter everything that passes, etc.. Should at any time, the firewall is a nervous poo and uses a whole heart, other threads are not affected, whereas with less of hearts that the whole system may crash.

It is an up late, but I have a problem too, and it seems that SpeedFan gives incorrect temperature under vista 64, I also said I eetc 32 on 4 cores, so tell me that Everest and OCCT 52-55 in IDLE! I have the same value given by the bios, I changed a fan for OCZ Vendetta 2 and still the same problem, I can not burner more than a minute without exceeding 70 degrees. Note that I mounted the fans repeatedly dismantle your OTo test everything in all directions and nothing works. My config is :
    Cosmos RC 1000
    q6600 to 2.4 ghz
    4gb pc 8500
    HD4850
    Asus p5q
    OCZ Vendetta 2

The current software? It depends a bit on your use. Firefox, OpenOffice, make, modern games, most P2P applications, Apache, MySQL, video compression, ... In general, applications Where to "we can do several things at the same time" are likely to be multithreaded. Especially a thread is of the order of 1000 times faster to launch a process under Linux. The fact that there is at least one thread per process makes the interesting multi-core, even without applications specifically designed for. But then, do not expect a performance gain on single software, but only if several programs running at the same time.

Do the bios give you information about temperatures? If so I advise you to rely instead on those below! And I'm not an expert in temperature, but I actually think it's a bit high! For comparison, I'm a 34 ° idle and 59-60 ° in full (E6750@2.66GHZ overlock 3.4GHz) so I have a good fan. You do not put too much thermal paste? Your case is well ventilated it? If I'll add a fan blowing in the interior of the box, it will help global temperature or fan should absolutely push air outward.