Thread: Dead CPU

Dead CPU

I am having an issue with the Intel E6500 which i have bought to implement into the motherboard of mine that is ECS 945GCT-M3. But when i have installed the same then i am not getting any response from the board of mine. Neither the fan nor the sound is coming from the device of mine. So does it mean that my CPU is dead? Please reply.

Re: Dead CPU

I don't think so that the CPU of yours is dead as you have recently bought the new Intel processor then let me tell you that you should have to check it first and then go to any conclusion. For that just install the same Intel processor in any other computer which might be working with the same. So go through the same.

If the fan doesnt move it sounds like it's not getting power suply. Do you have properly connected it? Or does your power source enough watts to support your cpu?

I think that there might be compatibility issue between the processor and the machine that you are using. I will ask you to check for the compatibility of the machine and the processor which will clear about the issue that you are getting with the same. Contact the manufacturer of the same and see whether you are getting the solution of it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by marcc View Post
    If the fan doesnt move it sounds like it's not getting power suply. Do you have properly connected it? Or does your power source enough watts to support your cpu?
    I have checked all my connection and it is not having any loose connection that would be the reason behind the issue. I have removed all the cable and reconnected them properly but still getting the same problem. So if possible please let me know about some working solution for same.

I think that the BIOS of your system might be not able to detect the changes you have made and that is why not responding properly with the same. I think it is better to upgrade the BIOS which is having the ability to perform the same. So if possible then update the BIOS and see whether it is working for you or not. Thanks

I think regarding the issue you have to contact the Intel who can only help you with the compatibility of the Intel processor on the ECS 945GCT-M3 which you are trying to work together. The Intel expert is always there to help you out with the issue. They will help you with the available solution for the query of your.

As per my knowledge there is no compatibility issue between both the device which you are using and you should work with both. But let me tell you that there might be some of the issue with the Intel processor which you have bought up recently. Sp replace the same and see whether the new is having the same problem or not.