Thread: Need to wait for 30secs black screen between BIOS and Windows boot up

Need to wait for 30secs black screen between BIOS and Windows boot up

There is problems occurred in my laptop. I am using Windows 7 BETA Build 6250 on my system. I have a desktop system with Intel motherboard with 3GB DDR 2 ram support. I am facing issue with the motherboard. It is working very slow. When I run the pc there is gap of 30 secs for the log to appear and then the system goes to normal booting option. Does anyone has idea for the same.

Re: Need to wait for 30secs black screen between BIOS and Windows boot up

Optimizing the BIOS can provide up to 50% additional performance. There some option you can speed up boot. For that first enter the BIOS and then in Boot sequence first properly determines the boot order of drives. The Bios is often set to boot from the floppy drive. For optimal boot the PC you can put first your main hard drive. It detects the type of floppy disk drive and slows the boot. Put Disabled to start optimizing.

If you can put your BIOS on Quick Power On Self Test then this will llows the BIOS to choose between testing or do not test the equipment before starting. By selecting Disabled, the BIOS tests the hardware. This set is enabled only if you have just installed a new device. A bit accelerating graphics will also do where you can adjust the AGP aperture size. This function is linked to AGP graphics cards and sets the texture size can be stored in memory. Set it to half the size of your RAM.

It is right that even BIOS can be responsible for slow booting. Enter the keyboard settings of your system and then enter Boot Up Numlock Status. Here you must determines the starting status of numeric keypad. If you set to on, the keypad will be activated at boot time. By choosing off the keys become arrow keys. So here your system gets some more time to think fast.

Usually if you disable unnecessary options then your system can perform much well without flashing the same. Go to optimizing printing and then enter parallel port mode. This is set to run by default. This option sets the transfer speed of data flowing through the parallel port. Choose the ECP mode or EPP mode which regulate the parallel port on a high speed. Otherwise, choose the mode ECP + EPP. Avoid the SPP mode, slower.

Better flash your bios if that does not work well. There are some ready made utility which you can get from the officail site of motherboard and the run the same. Go in IDE HDD Block Mode and turn it on with Enabled. It can cause problems if you find any select Disabled. Then in HDD Smart Capability choose enabled option to be notified of future failures of your hard drive (this does not exempt one from backup). Otherwise put Disabled.

It is possible that your BIOS is corrupted with virus. You must flash it in case of more issues. Or else you just need remove the cmos battery and put it back to remove the old settings. Under Power management by APM choose between disabled for Min and Max Saving. The latter option is preferable. If you do not have any USB devices then disable them the bios will not search for the same.