Thread: Intel DP55WB board UEFI enabled problems

Intel DP55WB board UEFI enabled problems

I had enabled the UEFI and AHCI in my system bios under firmware. My system is equipped with Intel DP55WB motherboard and I want to install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit operating system in that. I got a manual for this which states that it is necessary to enable this two stuff before installing. But after full installation I found that the power management is not loaded up. Lots of things are also not shown in cpuz. What does this UEFI stands for. Is it some kind of driver. What if I disable this.

Re: Intel DP55WB board UEFI enabled problems

Here you will first need to uninstall Intel Desktop utilities from Add / Remove program first. Then reboot your system and enter bios by pressing F2. Once you are in then pres F9 to default settings back. Give yes for the message. By this you have reset the customized BIOS settings. Now clear up the DMI event logs and then but back the settings to Enable. It is in the Advance/Event Log section of BIOS. Press F10 save and reboot. If the issue continuous then you need to flash your BIOS.

The BIOS is a set of integrated functions directly into ROM memory of a computer motherboard. It is the latter function which permits the system to boot. Existed for decades, it hardly ever changed until now. So for a better support UEFI is the new extended version of BIOS which is comes in the form of Instant Boot Bios. UEFI for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface you can say a new form of BIOS.

Yes it is the new version of BIOS. This technology is already built into Apple's Intel-based Macs which enables Mac OS X to start very soon. Although Windows Vista and Windows 7 also supports UEFI technology but no computer maker has yet incorporated this as a standard. So that will take some time to come in market and become stable with all types of operating system.

UEFI is developed in assembly language and stored in ROM on the motherboard. It is the firmware that provides the link between the computer hardware components and the operating system. Programmed in C language, the UEFI Universal Extensible Firmware Interface is presented as his successor with a user friendly interface and offering support for the mouse. You might leave it working for running Windows 7.

Since the announcement of the first 3TB hard drives for which was hard to detected by BIOS this new UEFI system was designed. You should see a motherboard MSI UEFI based in the coming months and see the entire catalog of the manufacturer to adopt the UEFI next three years. There can be some issues while starting but as you keep on working things will go normal.

UEFI offers a more explicit interface to access the functionality of the firmware and it takes a principle of GUI. It gives diagnostic utilities like ultimate boot cd support. You just end to enter menu and run memory test, or just check your hard drive. Generally in many manufacturers C is a hidden partition where the operating system is stored. the new version gives you option of browsing your system partition also.