Thread: Intel Motherboard DG31PR overheating issue

Intel Motherboard DG31PR overheating issue

I have a computer system with an Intel DG31PR Motherboard with the support of an Intel Core 2 DUO E7200 PROCESSOR. I am bit worried about overheating issue on this computer system so can anybody tell me what should be the normal temperature of my system?

Re: Intel Motherboard DG31PR overheating issue

As you have not provided the temperature of your system it would be bit difficult to discuss about the high or low temperature of your system for which you have to go to an Advanced and then Hardware Monitoring. Here you may find some interesting.

I suggest you to use some software which can detect the temperature inside of your Intel chips as well as for surroundings of your CPU. I do not know the program's name but i guess there must be something like that which keep on giving you an updates about the temperature. I think you need to search for some good program for doing this purpose.

I would like to ask you the version of your BIOS which you have on your system. For that you have to go to the BIOS and then after the 86A, What has been written there? And then according to the version of your BIOS, what power supply is needed by your CPU as if it is getting more then what it needs then it may get overheated.

CPU Cool costs you much LESS than other programs and its unique, to result the same features that cpu cool offers u would need to combine several other programs like a cpu cooler.
    Display's the temperatures, fan speed, voltages, system values (Data input and output) and SDRAM's contents, cooling for Windows and change the frequency of your PC. Click HERE to download it.

CPU Thermometer is one free CPU temperature monitor; it can help you monitor your computer CPU temperature in live time. Program can start with Windows start-up, and show live CPU temperature in your desktop tray icon, so you get this important system information at a glance. This is one completetly freeware, easy to install and easy to use. CPU Thermometer will show CPUID, Frequency, Core Number and CPU current temperature. Program provide some useful functions, when the CPU temperature over some value that you set, it can "Show warning message", "Shutdown computer" or "Reboot computer", it can protect your PCs. Go to the cputhermometer.com.

I suggest you to clear the dust from the heat sink due to which there would not be much space left for heat to get sump outside the CPU case. You have to open CPU case and then there would be heat sink attached to your cooling fan from where heat comes outside. Cleanup that sink and all the other dust and then check that your system gets overheated or not.