Thread: Problems with bios recovery - Intel DG33BU

Problems with bios recovery - Intel DG33BU

I have an Intel DG33BU - recuperative to work the problem is that the bios update was spitting and the pc will not boot. I find a site to purchase a very famous eprom identical to that of my card with bios install it but the problem is that the EPROM is soldered on the motherboard. If I put it on the eprom soldered on the motherboard while I started on the pc , I 'll burn out ? I'm afraid to unsolder the original eprom. Help me.

Re: Problems with bios recovery - Intel DG33BU

Check the steps:

(1 ) You got to the site for recovery asus bios of past ( you choose in the list )
    (2) You decompress on a floppy disk ( 2 files one is the software the other version of your bios )
    (3) You use a w98 floppy or cdrom milinum of 98 or under for demarage back the command line
    A : \ ( there you type the name of the software for flach , if you did not tap A : \ DIR gives you the files on your disk that )
    (4) When flach is made you withdraw your disk and you turned off the computer after the fact a clear CMOS ) and only you ralume your pc !
    if you do not do it to you demarage Aurra a beep and nothing will turn on, do not panic if you trope . Lights are out and you do you clear the CMOS ).

Note that the components EEPROM 2Mb and above ( that is to say more than 256 Kb) are organized into two distinct areas :
    * A first zone 24 KB called Bootblock
    * A second area covering the remaining capacity and containing the BIOS
    The Bootblock exists both on qu'AWARD AMI BIOS , even if they have characteristics significantly different . But in both cases, their usefulness remains the same: to enable you to flash the BIOS again . Theoretically , the Bootblock is not reprogrammed and erased in a flash . So in case of failure , it is normally present on the component. In practice, such as the Chernobyl virus or failures of the corrupt flash Bootblock . It is then necessary to resort to other techniques .

With AMI BIOS , the screen will remain black but the disk drive will be activated repeatedly.With an Award BIOS , a screen entitled " Award Bootblock " can occur and the floppy drive will be activated once . Sometimes the screen does not display but the drive still works . A priori , the reason is that this Bootblock can not set an ISA graphics format and your PC do not use it. If you're in one of these cases , you have a chance to recover the situation , using the following emergency procedures :
    * Format a floppy disk completely different machine , not quickly ( no quick format ) .
    * Retrieve the file you want to flash bios on the Internet.
    * Copy the rom on the floppy and rename AMIBOOT.ROM (uppercase ) .

If your computer is equipped with an Award BIOS , follow these steps:

* Create a bootable floppy (Windows 95 or 98 for example ) .
    * Copy the Award flash utility and BIOS file to flash .
    * In autoexec.bat , do a line " awdflxyz fichier_de_BIOS / py ", adapting to xyz version of the utility that you have. The / py automatically starts flashing procedure without user intervention .
    * Boot with the floppy .
    * Wait a few tens of seconds after the disk drive has stopped working and then restart.

There are other ways to reflash your components :
    • Find a suitable person to you reflash the bios using a technique of Hot Swap motherboards identical or not.
    • Contact a professional -programmed EEPROM.