Thread: Erroneous CPU temperature readouts on D510MO

Erroneous CPU temperature readouts on D510MO

Finally I got a system config which allowed to play Battlefield 2. In a game the computer gets hang and that can be probably due to overheating. It is impossible to restart it I had to format the hard drive and reinstall everything. I have 10 software that runs automatically and there is no problem even if 700MB of ram stays in use in Task Manager. But the cause is bit different for games. It gets heat up. I am using a Intel D510MO motherboard.

Re: Erroneous CPU temperature readouts on D510MO

It can be hardware issue. I assume that your system is not so old. You must run RegClean in your system. This is software will remove the processes which are not needed. Before putting or playing any game just check that your system meets the minimum system requirement in your PC. That can also be a cause of overheating as you are utilizing too much resources.

I am using Inter Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00GHz with 4 giga ram. I have a additional NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS GPU. So here's my problem, I have downloaded software to watch the temperature of my processor and it shows me between 51 to 56. But on games the temperature rise 10 degree extra. I do not think it is normal. I had played some games but they are not working so good.

If the temperature increases is normal and it is quiet natural. To avoid overheating laptops it is advisable to use a good psu and your cabinet must have good ventilation. Usually when you system overheats your cpu fan run faster to remove the heat out of your system. Use any temperature monitor and keep it working on your desktop. This will help you to keep a eye on your system resources.

See that there are no huge processes in your system. In my laptop running on Windows Vista only 60 processes are running at time. My RAM is 1GB while you have a 4GBN RAM and still your system is such slow. 32bit system can handle 4GB of RAM easily but the same is limited to 3.25 GB always. You need to disable some services from msconfig and then check back.

For betterment of your system try to disable some of your system resources. For that press start key + r from your keyboard and then type msconfig in the box. In the services tab check hide Microsoft services and then here you can uncheck services except your antivirus. In the Boot tab you can disable everything except your antivirus. Then click on apply and reboot your system.

Uninstall the programs that you do not use it more or restart. On restarting the machine, downloads and installs CCleaner and Vopt. When installed you first launch CCleaner. In the tab options tick the box secure erase and then run the scan. Now in Cleaner tab first search for errors and then fix the errors as you found by selecting each of them. You repeat this process several times.