Thread: No boot, video, and beeps from Intel DX58SO

No boot, video, and beeps from Intel DX58SO

I am facing problem with the latest Intel DX58SO in accordance with the i7-960, the configuration seems fine but I am not able to start the system from when I have configured it. I am not able to get any video output. I have searched the net for the problem but the thing is that I am not able to get the solution but seen that many user are facing the same problem. Can anybody answer me why no boot, video, and beeps from Intel DX58SO. Here is the configuration of my system; Nvidia Quadro FX 4800, 4gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz, Western Digital 2tb hard disk.

Re: No boot, video, and beeps from Intel DX58SO

I am ready to bet that the problem is with the power supply. I think that the power supply you are having is not able to provide the enough power for configuration of your system. It will be better to get a new branded power supply for system. Try to replace the power supply for your system and I am sure that it will solve the problem.

There might be chances that you have used wrong hard disk for your system. Actually X58 chipset is not going to support ECC or any kind of registered hard driver. One more thing, the same is with the i7-960 processor, it is not going to support ECC or any registered hard drive. In short you need to use un-buffered and non-ECC, if you want your system to work.

My PC was working properly, but now it rebooted, crashesd: No display, or any BIOS beep (whereas before, the usual short beep was there!). The fans turn? No scratch on the hard disk, no movement on the side of the screen (not a single line of the boot, nothing!). So try to disconnect different cards, hard disk, burner, there remain only the GC, the CM, the processor and RAM. I am lost, because there is no series of beeps, nothing. Just emptiness! Is there any solution for this problem?

Hi, friends!

I'm having the same problem with my DX58SO + i7 920 system. I used a POST Card and got the following sequence of codes: 00, 01, 02, 07, 01, 02, 07, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 01, 07, 0A, 0C, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17. I'm trying to get from Intel the meaning of the three last codes (14, 15 and 17), since they are not mentioned in the manuals, but with no success 'til now.

Best regards.
    Cleber Marinho

If it does not start after you clear CMOS then replant it, the bare board (only power supply - and speaker if no beeper) boot it several times. With the elements if you come back into the bios without saving and then you reboot. May be that your bios is corrupt, or it may be a hardware component of the mother board which is causing the problem.

I have taken different PC devices enabling me to set up a new one. I own a motherboard like this: VIA VT82C69AX for northbridge and VIA VT82C686A southbridge for Medion 2000 Ver: 1 After assembling the machine when I put the PC on the road, I am not getting display when the fan turns the motherboard, the hard drive too.

I have the answer to your problems "not beep at startup with black screen" check if your PC has a mini speaker about 5 cm located on the front cover of the PC, it has 4 pins including red- empty-headed black speaker to connect to the side Speaker, if you get one long beep, repeatedly with a black screen remains in standby disconnect all internal and external connectors except the screen stays on and remove the strips of ram, and reader- writer. Only connect to the PC screen and turn it and then error message disk boot failure appears! place the first strip of ram DIMM on one if one does not work try to DIMM 2 or 3 or 4 connect each strip one after another and then plug the SD and each connectors and devices one after another to find which component is giving the problem.