Thread: DP45SG Random Lockups

DP45SG Random Lockups

I am facing the issues of random lockups on my DP-45SG motherboard. I have manually rebooted several times. The whole thing went superior after that. I also inaugurated Video Card drivers. Then installed Power DVD that came with my Blu Ray Burner. Hooked up to TV started watching movie. Then LOCK UP. The system cannot run for longer than 30 minutes without a hard LOCK UP!! Then I consider that the problem is generating because of the old drivers, so I updated the existing drivers but did not updated the BIOS. With the system unstable I am not going to risk a lock up while updating Bios. When it locks up there is an odd sound that the speakers produce like a crackling noise which makes me think there is an audio issue!!!! The following are my PC specification :
    New build MB DP45SG
    with Q9550 CPU.
    Xion 650W PSU
    4GB DDR3 Transcend.
    (Board scaled back to 1066MHZ)
    Memory is at 7-7-7-20
    Video is XFX ATI Radeon 4870 XXX 1GB
    SeaGate Sata Black
    LG Super Multi Blue BH08
    Windows XP Professional 32bit Service pack 3.

Re: DP45SG Random Lockups

By glancing at the difficulty, it looks like the operating system on the computer is not working properly. The appropriate working of the operating system depends on lot of files which are related to it. If any of the file which is related to the operating system is fraudulent or missing then the operating system will not function properly. Hence I would suggest that you repair the operating system on the computer and see if it lends a hand.

Have you scrutinized the system with any antivirus? The indications which you have mentioned point out that the system is infected with some kind of virus. Virus's have a propensity to get linked with the files of the application which are used frequently or with the system files. As per as my knowledge if such situation occurs then the system crashes recurrently. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are contaminated. Even I would like to suggest repairing the files which are infected and see if the performance of the system improves or not.

Open the computer and eradicate the RAM chips of the system. If the RAM of the system is not available then the system lockups or gives random BSOD. Therefore remove the RAM and sanitize the connecting terminals of the RAM. After onslaught the connecting terminals of the RAM, replace them back in their individual slots and see if the same predicament continues. If there are multiple RAM chips then try booting the system using single RAM chip at a moment. If for a meticulous RAM chip if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be defective.

Extremely thanks for taking out your precious time and trying to help. Troubleshooting steps I have taken are :
    • Exchange in a known good 650W PSU.
    • Also I did 3 separate clean installations of Windows 7 Ultimate.
    • I have also tried to run application as MemTest86, which found zero errors after 5 complete passes.
    • Changing various BIOS settings one at a time.
    • I also tried to install all the latest Intel drivers as they are released by Intel on their official website.
    • Disabling the onboard NIC and running a Netgear PCI NIC.

But nothing of above helped me Please suggest me something.

Endeavor to troubleshoot this; there are a couple of looms:
    • I'd propose disabling anything other than the most fundamental components needed for the PC to work. That would include audio and any other onboard devices, maybe even your net adapter. You should also try going to the standard VGA driver as an alternative of using the Nvidia drivers. Don't try the Intel drivers for now, just use the inbox ones.
    • You can attempt by means of a tool called driver verifier. If this tool finds a predicament, your machine will crash again. Hopefully with it enabled, it will allow you to easily recognize the bad driver.

I would like to recommend you to enable driver verifier :
    1. Open an prominent command prompt
    2. Type "verifier /standard /all" (no quotes)
    3. Reboot your machine
    4. Use machine again until it hurtles

After the crash & reboot, go into safe mode. Disable driver verifier :
    1. Open an prominent command prompt
    2. Type "verifier /reset" (no quotes)
    3. Reboot your machine

Right now I'm using the onboard Intel NIC. It was a duo of months ago when I immobilized it and installed the Netgear card. The latest drivers for it were installed at the instance (I not at all utilize the driver CD that approaches in the box), and the system locked up just as it did running the Intel NIC. So I provided the Netgear card back to my buddy and went back to the onboard Intel. As for above step, what I'm doing is running msconfig and choosing Diagnostic Startup. This renders inoperative all but the basic system services and the Nvidia drivers. In the interest of speeding this progression up, I was going to run Windows Backup, which again and again freezes the computer up when running with a normal startup config. But it won't run, even though I selectively facilitate the backup service and the services it says it depends on. I'm going to put it back into Diagnostic Startup another time and give it 24 hours or so to behave badly. This also stops network connectivity, so I'll be incommunicado for a while. I will be glad about your help with this.