Thread: DP45SG - Problem resuming from sleep mode in Windows 7

DP45SG - Problem resuming from sleep mode in Windows 7

I am having an Intel Extreme Series Desktop Board DP45SG Motherboard and I have installed the Windows 7 as operating system onto that. My problem is not that major but I am having some issues while resuming my PC from sleep mode. I am not having much idea about this motherboard, so thought that you guys can share something about this motherboard which can be useful for me. Please suggest me something so that I can fix this issue. Hoping that someone will help me sooner. Following is my computer's specification :
    • Intel DP45SG motherboard
    • Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz
    • 4GB DDR3 RAM
    • ATI 4650 512MB
    Last edited by Talish; 28-06-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Re: DP45SG - Problem resuming from sleep mode in Windows 7

I was facing similar problem and then after trying many things I was able to solve this problem. I suggest you to do troubleshoot. You should endeavor "powercfg.exe /a" command to troubleshoot sleep mode. Following are the steps for the same :
    1. Select "Start" button, then write “CMD” in the search bar and initiate by searching.
    2. When you will get “cmd.exe” command then just do the right click on it and select “Run as administrator” alternative.
    3. Then will glimpse the "CMD command prompt".
    4. Then you have to supply underneath command to it :
      "powercfg.exe /a"

I am sure that this will help you too.

If you are using RC version, then I would like to recommend you to change that to the "RTM" version(if possible).Because the RC version often has issues of power management(according to my observation). I was also facing the sleep mode issue on Windows 7 with "RC". Now I have RTM version running on machine. And right now my all issues of the sleep mode are resolved. I guess that comparable thing may happened with you. First try to follow the steps mentioned by the 'Alchmey' (in the above post), else you can change your operating system.

After several searches on different alternatives that motherboards on the market and the different brands and prices, opt for the Intel DP 45SG motherboard according to the criterion that was going to use it. Personally, after many years had notebooks of different brands and features, it was time to change my last laptop for something fast and again in my ability to use economic and was going to give at work. There is no doubt that the notebook has advantages in terms of comfort, space and not having wires everywhere. So I would say that this motherboard is the better option.

The reason for opting for this processor are several :
    • The cost, and use that would give him enough at work because it does not require much processor speed as it does not work with graphics editing or tv, etc..
    • Neither the use of PC games because they require lots of memory and great graphics card of at least 256Mb among others.
    • The Intel brand was also a factor to consider, as I had thought of putting an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, also opt for Intel.
    • According to many people say it is better to have the same brand of motherboard and processor but many do not agree because there are different brands such as Gigabyte and Asus in the best.
    • The most important thing was to assemble a PC is not very fast or best in the latest of technology, considering a future upgrade to placing more memory, processor, etc. etc. unlike the laptop that can only be improved by placing memory.

Your predicament could be the setting for virtualization in the Bios settings. The sleep mode did work fine on my DP 45SG until I did stimulate virtualization mode in the bios settings. Up till then, after going to suspend mode, I had to either switch off the PC or press the reset button. After rendering inoperative the virtualization option in the bios settings behavior is like predicted.

I have a problem with the hibernation: it will not engage. My computer goes into standby after 10 minutes but the hibernation that is scheduled after 45 minutes did not engage. Please help me as soon as possible. I am facing many difficulties because of this issue.

I have seen that on newer computers, hibernation causes a lot of problems. It is therefore possible to completely disable the option of hibernation to recover hundreds of megabytes on the system partition already full by Windows 7. To disable hibernation, and at the same time, the standby hybrid, it will enter the command :
    powercfg-h off.

The file "hyberfil.sys" will be removed from the hard drive. To reactivate the hibernation command will be almost identical:
    powercfg-h it.