Thread: HP Pavilion dv9700 Motherboard failure

HP Pavilion dv9700 Motherboard failure

I am having a notebook which is HP Pavilion dv9700 and the problem is that the motherboard of the device got failed and now i wanted to upgrade my system with the new motherboard and some more new hardware. But wanted to know that is it compatible for hardware upgradation. If so then please let me know what upgradation i can perform with the device. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP Pavilion dv9700 Motherboard failure

As per your query let me tell you that your device is not having any upgradation option which you are looking for. All you can do is to upgrade to the RAM and the CPU only but cant replace the Motherboard with any upgraded version of the same. So it is better if you install the same board again in your Notebook. Thanks

I think it is better to look for the solution of your problem on the HP itself. As they are the manufacturer and they might have gone from this issue. So contacting them might give you the best replies that can help you with the upgradation of the system that you are looking for. So do the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

As you have suggested me that i can't upgrade the Motherboard of the device which i using so i am agree with your suggestion but can you let me know which CPU and RAM upgradation can i perform with the device of mine. So that i can configure with the HP Pavilion dv9700 Motherboard that i am planning to buy.

First let me know how you come to know that your Motherboard is having the failure. Did you checked it by your own or got it repaired by any technician? The Motherboard failure generally very rare to occur. As you are asking about the CPU and RAM upgradation then you can check out the configuration of system and what you can modify in that by the help HP.

Actually my system is not booting up. I have checked it by the hardware technician and he told me that it is the complete Motherboard Failure as the BIOS and CMOS can not be accessed and the system can not show any option to get into the same. So i have come to know that the Motherboard is stopped responding.

In that case it might be possible that the Motherboard of your is failed but i will advise you to contact the HP regarding your issue as the Motherboard is having the replacement warranty for three years if you are still in the warranty then visit the HP store and let them know about your issue. Hope this will work your issue.