Thread: How do I make SC5300LX control additional fans?

How do I make SC5300LX control additional fans?

I am having a query which i need to solve with the help of you. Actually i wanted to know that is it possible to make the SC5300LX with SE7520AF2 mobo control additional fans? I need to do this so that i can add rear fans which is controlled by the advance IMM. So if you can help me regarding the same then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I make SC5300LX control additional fans?

As per my knowledge it is not necessary to add the rear fan for the board that you are using. But if you wanted to make the same then let me tell you that this can be possible with the help of the FRUSDR. Just run the FRUSDR and then choose the chassis which you can run on the same. I hope this will work.

Thanks for your suggestion but having one more query regarding the installation of then another fan. Actually i am worried about the installation of the additional fan. I wanted to know whether this will affect the inbuilt fan which is preinstalled as i don't want to spoil the board of mine which you are talking about.

As per my knowledge there is no need to worry about the addition of the Fan which you are looking for. It will not affect the internal fan of yours but make sure that you should take the proper precaution while installing the Fan in the board. It will increase the performance of the system which you are looking for.

I have not tested the same which you are planning to make but can tell you that this can be possible to add extra fan in the board. As i have gone through the specification of the board which suggest that you can add extra 6 fan to the board which is enough for you. So install the and see whether you are getting it working or not. But can you tell me why you wanted to install additional Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by PETERAGASSI View Post
    I have not tested the same which you are planning to make but can tell you that this can be possible to add extra fan in the board. As i have gone through the specification of the board which suggest that you can add extra 6 fan to the board which is enough for you. So install the and see whether you are getting it working or not. But can you tell me why you wanted to install additional Fan.
    I wanted to install the additional fan because i am installing the new server where the temperature is high and i don't want to take the risk regarding the same. So if you can then let me know after the installation of the new fan will my server work alright and not having any issue with the heating. Thanks

I think it is better if you check the Intel regarding this query i am not aware of the temperature issue in the board which you are using. But can help you with the link which is having the discussion about the temperature is there. So if you like then you can check out the below given link.
    Intel Server Products