Thread: Pavilion dv6700 won't start

Pavilion dv6700 won't start

I am using a HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop from last 1 10 months and this laptop was working fine. I do not understand what really happened and this system just stopped working. It is creating a lot of issue in my system. I am unable to find any solution for the same. I had tried looking around on the web for solution but it fails to work. I am quiet confused what really happened to this pc. It just suddenly stopped working. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Re: Pavilion dv6700 won't start

I think there must be battery problem with your laptop. This may occur because your laptop’s battery may fully discharged that why there is not enough power in the battery to turn it on. First you have to check by recharging your battery for 2 hours atleast. You will get a battery indicator on the laptop when you connect it to the charging. I am quiet sure if you do this properly it is going to work well. And then check back. If it fails to work then it means there some serious hardware issue.

Yes best put the laptop on charging first and then check out. I am quiet sure that will help you a lot in fixing the problem. If the laptop still does not turn on then remove the battery first. And then connect the laptop to the power cable directly. And then turn it on. If it works then it means the battery is damage. If nothing works then the issue can be with the motherboard. You have to take the same to the service center and I am quiet sure you can get a fix for that.

I want to install windows xp on hp pavilion dv7 laptop came with vista as soon as I launch my cd boot and blue screen at once I 've tried with 6 or 7 different bootable cd windows xp, not necessarily and AC plant each time. Do you think the CD is dead or there is a special protection on these laptop ?