Thread: BIOS Update Intel D945GTP

BIOS Update Intel D945GTP

I am having an issue with the updating of the BIOS but it fails while i was updating the BIOS. When i am updating the BIOS at that time i am getting the window which is asking me to first update the LAN controller. The process stops at the LAN image creation. So if any one knows about this error then please let me know the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: BIOS Update Intel D945GTP

I think that you have taken all the proper step for the BIOS update which will make the BIOS update better in your system. If you have taken the proper step might be you will not get this kind of the Error which you are going through. I am having the link which is having the description for update of the BIOS. So if you can then go through link and find that you are following the proper step for the same.
    Flash Intel Bios

This document provides installation instructions for the options available for updating your computer to the latest BIOS version.
    • To identify your current BIOS version, check the BIOS version string:
    • During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
    • Check the Main menu.
    • The third segment of the BIOS Version (a 4-digit number) is the current BIOS version.
    • Press Escape to exit BIOS Setup.

For more click here

There are two method for complete the BIOS update. The first is having the ISO method and another is having the Recovery Method. If the first is having the problem then you should go with the second method. For that you just have to download the file from the Intel and update with the same. I hope this will work for you.

I am ready to go with the second method that you have asked me to do but i am not aware of the Recovery Method for BIOS update. So if you can then let me know how to perform the BIOS update with the help of the Recovery method and also let me know which file to download while updating with the recovery method.

For that you have to download the BIOS update of the board from the Intel Site which is the first step for the update of the BIOS. After that you have to install this in USB drive and then shut down the system and Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details. This will update the the BIOS in 3 to 4 minutes.

Hey Russell, Thanks for providing me the another way of updating the BIOS as i have gone through the same and let me tell you i have updated the BIOS and let me tell you that the issue of mine got resolved. I have successfully updated the Intel D945GTP BIOS. So any one is having the same problem can go through the same.