Thread: HELP on AMD X2

idea HELP on AMD X2

Hey guys, i want to buy the AMD X2 3.0 GHz processor, is it really incompatible with Win7?
    i currently use the AMD athlon 2.4GHz 64Bit processor which is super fast.
    i am a gamer and so do you think my new processor will suffice?

Re: HELP on AMD X2

well windows will work well. It would be smooth if you also install a graphics card with good gpu

Ya i already have an XFX ATI HD-4650 1GB. I already use windows 7, its really good, so i want to keep using it. i saw a thread that windows 7 shows something wrong with the driver.

you have to check your motherboard compatibility & have to install the latest drivers for windows 7.

Just FYI Even Intel Pentium D Processor works cool with windows 7

What is the make/model of your motherboard, it would be equally good if you can provide us the full details of your computer specifications. The best answer to diagnose anything installed on your computer is by going to:

Click Start Orb>My Computer>Right click>Properties.

Click on Windows Experience Index. You can see there what is pulling down your system's performance (hardware wise).You need to upgrade if any score is <3.5 (on average,its not a ultimate value).

The source of the problem in future could be a slow Hard Disk, Inadequate RAM or slower Graphics card.

dear team leader,
    i use an engineering software called Everest Ultimate to diagnose my system or anyone elses'( i'm not much of a noob as u might have thought). i have an ECS RS482m-m motherboard, 2GB 667MHz transcend Ram, 1GB PCIe ATI 4650 graphics, Motherboard is having ATI 480X CHIPSET, my processor is AMD 3800+ 2.20GHz, overclocked to 2.4GHz, my hypertransport is overclocked to 2200MHz, Im plannin on buying a new motherboard as well, probably the asus m2n 74 am or the m2n 68am.

The Asus M2N 74 AM looks fine. Motherboard is a vital part of a system so you must first checkout the compatibility settings. I am using the same for a long time without issue even overclocked. Better check your GPU configuration on the official site which will provide you details on the compatibility.