Thread: Flashing 5870 BIOS Works Easily

Flashing 5870 BIOS Works Easily

Hi,
    I want to flash the bios of my GPU. I have a ATI Radeon card in my system. It is working slow and I want to flash the BIOS and improve the same. I am not getting any information on the same. How to flash the BIOS of GPU and make it work faster. I don't want to make my GPU dead by using any tool on it. What is the safest way to perform this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Flashing 5870 BIOS Works Easily

Here is a way for that. Go on the official site and get the the update first. I have a MSI board and I had downloaded ATIFLASH. This is the best tool to use the same. After that download MSI Afterburner tool and then do this. Save the bios and run this in command line. Typ - atiflash-s-p 0 save.bin and then atiflash-s-p 0 save.bin command now. after the process compete then install the latest drivers 09.10 for example and look to the max in CCC which is: 1200/1400 with the asus bios and 1800/2600 with the msi.

It thing this is not proper what you mentioned. To save it -s 0 atiflash save.bin use this command. It is much easier if you use GPUZ. But in a different motherboard the same does not work for me when I flashed the bios I changed in the GPU-Z I was treated to a nice blue screen. It is suitable for older board. You have to download the same from the official site.

I have a concern I have this error when I try to flash my XFX 5870 error 0FL01. So how to solve the problem what have I done wrong. Well it's good I solved it all! 1000/1300 with the core voltage and Bios MSI Noted that for me the Bios Asus not work on my XFX. You can use the ATIflash tool but note down that this can be risky in most of the cases. Your system can die if not perform properly.

What can we expect from a 5870 rad with the original. At what voltage you can mount the card without having to have recourse to a third style WB or Accelero. Of course taking into account the variability between normal overclocking 1 card and the other. You must force the flash because atiflash makes you an error message because the bios are not the same manufacturer to be added to the-f command giving: atiflash-p-f 0 bios.rom (or. bin) and it will roll. I just flashed my second card with the bios msi

I had tested with a connect 3d 5870 with a waterblock EK Acetal. Before anything else, save the current bios on the main board with gpuz. If you have an asus no need to flash the card. If you have bios and flash your graphics card then that might work well. It will serve you to try the max frequency of your graphics card, thanks to the bios you can change the voltage of the gpu card.

Try this out. In Command line to save his bios (original) back in type atiflash-s-p 0 save.bin. Then the command line for the flash back is atiflash-fs-p 0 bios.bin. Now bios.bin may be called or asus.bin msi.bin. After you install the latest drivers 09.10 for example and look to the max in CCC which is 1200/1400 with the asus bios and 1800/2600 with the msi. This is your cg is flashed with afterburner and you can change the vgpu and frequencies.